Author: Diggit

[Original]How to deal with your Chinese mother-in-law   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-23 00:52:27 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-5-22 03:41
Well.........we have stayed with her and she has stayed with us and all survived. I'm pleased to s ...

I'm happy for you, Laowai2?. That's great that you get along with the in-laws so well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 02:39:49 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2013-5-22 15:30
Robert, Seneca must have sth to say and Smaug should listen carefully.

Ha! Thanks for looking out for me! Or, if it was a friendly jab, that's fine too. ;)

However...My mother-in-law is not involved in her daughter's life at all. It's kind of sad, the idea of growing up in a family that wasn't close. I think maybe that's why my girlfriend has issues with being open sometimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 12:58:14 |Display all floors
The standing order from my bank account worked wonders. Now she uses the money to buy me clothes.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 13:13:47 |Display all floors
The relationship with my Chinese mother in law is excellent.
We live like 600 km away.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 21:01:03 |Display all floors
My mother in law would like it if her daughter and grand daughter were back in Beijing. Although for the moment that cannot happen, I can at least send them back during the year for a visit. My daughter is spending this summer with them.
I wouldn't mind moving to Beijing, but I'll need to find some means of support. My wife has an apartment she's renting out, so we are half way there.
God forbid anything bad happening, but if they need any help, we are here to help!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 11:09:59 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-23 00:52
I'm happy for you, Laowai2?. That's great that you get along with the in-laws so well.

Have you any experience to share with us here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 11:10:37 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-5-23 02:39
Ha! Thanks for looking out for me! Or, if it was a friendly jab, that's fine too. ;)

sounds she is not that kind of typical Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.