Views: 7225|Replies: 3

[Longyan] Longyan Cuisine [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-21 09:53:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jacquelinechen at 2013-5-21 09:54

Longyan, a city in the west of Fujian province, is a habitation of Hakka people, who have special cuisine.

Hakka food, which is usually made by frying, is spicy, salty and oily. It is described as being "fresh, pure and aromatic".

In addition, Hakka food has a taste of the "sweetness and sourness" of Zhejiang cuisine, the "spiciness" in Sichuan cuisine and embodies various "pickled vegetables" originating from Guangdong cuisine, all of which have enriched Hakka cuisine.

Steamed Sticky Rice, also referred to as “Boji Sticky Rice” or “Longchuang Sticky Rice”, is a traditional Hakka dish which is a regular feature ofHakka family meals.To make Steamed Sticky Rice, first pour rice milk into a winnowing pan or sieve, steam for five minutes until it turns into a thin sheet of rice, and then place fried shredded meat, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and bean sprouts on this sheet before rolling it up.

Hakka hot pot, also referred to as shuan jiu pin, is a famous herbal cuisine in Liancheng county. It has been listed as one of China’s prestigious recipes.

The hot pot is made of sliced meat and fish, which is boiled in boiling water mixed with rice wine. The nine kinds of meat symbolize the nine characters in Chinese dramas, including Dan (the female role),Chou (the clown) and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-16 16:04:40 |Display all floors
Mouth watering the hot Pot, I Must find and try it....{:soso_e179:}
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-17 11:28:11 |Display all floors
... taste better with a cold beer

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-18 21:56:03 |Display all floors
after livin oversea for so many years i dont think my stomach can handle hot spicy food like that anymore but i still love spicy food just not as EXTREME as you are  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}

*i think i'm hakka ren but not really sure cos i dont speak hakka dialect just cantonese  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.