Views: 8459|Replies: 13

China Lost Their Chance to Replace Microsoft Windows [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-20 20:01:47 |Display all floors
Microsoft recently announced that Window 8 was a massive failure and that they will create an update to make it back into Windows 7.  China lost their window of opportunity to make an operating system for people to choose instead of Window 8.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-20 21:05:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2013-5-20 08:06

Capitalism and copyright law make things expensive for us lowly computer-users. Operating systems are so vital to modern life that I wish something could be done to reduce their cost. Yet, I do understand the role private enterprise plays in innovation. Judgments are complex for a social democrat like me.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-20 22:31:08 |Display all floors
Yeah, omg... it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 01:32:07 |Display all floors
Microsoft, like every other software company, adjusted their product to fit consumer complaints about usability.  Nothing unusual there.

No one is forced to use Windows.  If you have not yet tried Ubuntu Linux or Linux Mint you are missing out on two very good alternatives.  Both are highly developed, open-source and cost free to the consumer.

Vote with your actions.  Don't use Windows if it doesn't do what you want it to do.  For me personally, I use Windows 8 and 7; Ubuntu Linux 12.04; and OS X.

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 10:25:48 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-5-20 22:31
Yeah, omg... it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

For China, it is easy: 100 million Han engineers, and hundreds of thousands of imported Caucasian engineers.  China is brain-draining the living crap out of the West. Look at all the military progress: aside from domestic innovation and speculations of spying, I would say much of the innovation is coming from imported Caucasian engineers.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 10:56:58 |Display all floors
My most painful experience was Windows Vista, and my knowledge does not allow me to judge. I have to ask 'experts'. Should technologies make non-experts' lives easier or more helpless?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 10:57:14 |Display all floors
My most painful experience was Windows Vista, and my knowledge does not allow me to judge. I have to ask 'experts'. Should technologies make non-experts' lives easier or more helpless?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.