Author: Diggit

Chinese tourists warned over bad behaviour overseas   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-20 15:45:10 |Display all floors
Generally Seneca is right, it's groups that are more annoying than an individual nationality but Chinese tour groups are everywhere now. and again, Seneca is right about the 'lowest common denominator'. In a group of 2 or 3, you are more wary, more cautious and less likely to do something you are think might upset someone (usually). But in a large group, some people will start to feel like teenager school boys mucking about behind the bike sheds. They are more confident because they have their mob with them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-20 16:02:43 |Display all floors
I have to say that here in Kenya (East Africa),as a tour guide, i have received reports from hotel operators that my chinese tour groups misbehaved at night after nights of too much drinking, disturbing the other tourists dfrom other nationalities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 05:42:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-27 21:57

Chinese don't spend half as much as they think and are not as deserving of preferential treatment as they would like to.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 05:45:32 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-20 06:46
I haven't noticed any bad behavior by any Chinese tourist here in the San Francisco bay area.

Because SF is almost Chinese and you are used to it
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 07:24:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-27 21:58
seneca Post time: 2013-5-19 18:00
Wang should know how bad it is, being a member of the pampered top elite. Are the officials in China ...

Some blame China’s bad manners on Mao for setting a bad example. On Mao, Mao friend and writer Edgar Snow wrote, “Some people might have considered him coarse and vulgar” He then described how Mao liked to scratch himself and conduct meeting naked when it was hot. He also said Mao occasionally “absent-mindedly turned down the belt in his trousers and searched for some guest”—namely fleas and lice.

During the Cultural Revolution good manners were condemned as bourgeois and a means of inhibiting people and keeping them down. At that time it was considered a compliment to be call a dalacocu—“a big, rude guy. “

Deng Xiaoping, a notorious spitter, didn’t set a very good example either. He was not shy about hacking and spitting in public, and he often had a spittoon situated next to his chair when he met with world leaders.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 17:49:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-19 22:03
The complaint about the "lack of hot water" in Italy rings familiar to me. Such complaints have be ...

Come on....without hot water,how will Chinese tourists be able to eat their "fangbian mian" which they brought by the dozen on their trip?!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-21 18:19:33 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-20 10:46
I haven't noticed any bad behavior by any Chinese tourist here in the San Francisco bay area.

But then why would you notice them in SF Robert, you told me you live in China, caught out lying again eh Robert.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.