Author: Danybrit

White Lies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-23 03:12:44 |Display all floors
Danybrit:
So even if the problem is not with her Chinese cultural way of dealing with issues, she is dealing with Americans that are only encouraged to continue when she will not say "no".

Exactly the point. If she will be living here, she should learn that 'maybe' is actually a challenge, rather than a polite declination. Try to teach her that in the US, (maybe UK too?) we favor direct, open communication.

(from roninxian)
I would much rather a girl give me the answer quoted above than to say, "no thanks, you're a loser and I don't want to have anything to do with you."  At least I would walk away with some modicum of pride.

How about if she just said, in a friendly manner: "No thanks, I'm taken." smiled, and walked away? You would lose too much face, just to find out this lovely woman was taken? I would figure, "If she is lovely enough for me to be interested, I should not be surprised that someone else found her first."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 07:15:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 07:18:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 11:11:07 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-5-23 07:18
Not lied ever..? Your culture is based on lies and I have never meet an american without telling a ...

Not gonna work, raton. Go troll someone else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 14:47:49 |Display all floors
Danybrit Post time: 2013-5-23 02:57
Smaug, I have has so many conversations just like your. It wears you down when all you want is an h ...

I guess she was saying that you are the only man she loves that much in the past 5 years, so the point is, she loves you so much.
It's sweet, isn't it?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.