Author: sansukong

US Dollar Collapse and Japan’s Sham Currency War: [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-18 17:32:31 |Display all floors
US $ collapse?

only in a rat dream.

Money is pouring into US stock market from around the world.

US deficits 2013 is half of 2012 figures and declining faster than expected.
US corporations are dong wonderfully well.

inflation?

inflation is no where to be seen in the world except in China.

every where else , government are fighting deflation.

that is why Japan government wants to inflate its economy.

not surprising that in these environment, US and Japan market are the best performing market in 2013, followed by Europe..............and China is the worse performing market, just like gold.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-18 17:36:17 |Display all floors
long term as far as the eyes can see, gold and most commodities are in long term decline.

US currency remains the safest and most liquid investment

going forward, the way to play to game is equities and US$.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 03:28:00 |Display all floors
Rat

Why so quiet from you.
Not a squek from you!

Your thread you know?
You started it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 09:57:44 |Display all floors

RE: US Dollar Collapse and Japan’s Sham Currency War:

Saturday, May 18, 2013                                                                                                                                                              

Washington Signals Dollar Deep Concerns

Dees Illustration

Paul Craig Roberts
Activist Post

Over the past month there has been a statistically improbable concurrence of events that can only be explained as a conspiracy to protect the dollar from the Federal Reserve’s policy of Quantitative Easing (QE).

Quantitative Easing is the term given to the Federal Reserve’s policy of printing 1,000 billion new dollars annually in order to finance the US budget deficit by purchasing US Treasury bonds and to keep the prices high of debt-related derivatives on the “banks too big to fail” (BTBF) balance sheets by purchasing mortgage-backed derivatives. Without QE, interest rates would be much higher, and values on the banks’ balance sheets would be much lower.

Quantitative Easing has been underway since December 2008. During these 54 months, the Federal Reserve has created several trillion new dollars with which the Fed has monetized the same amount of debt.

One result of this policy is that most real US interest rates are negative. Another result is that the supply of dollars has outstripped the world’s demand for dollars.

These two results are the reason that the Federal Reserve’s policy of printing money with which to purchase Treasury bonds and mortgage backed derivatives threatens the dollar’s exchange value and, thus, the dollar’s role as world reserve currency.

To be the world reserve currency means that the dollar can be used to pay any and every country’s oil bills and trade deficit. The dollar is the medium of international payment.

This is very helpful to the US and is the main source of US power. Because the dollar is the reserve currency, the US can cover its import costs and pay for its cost of operation simply by creating its own paper money.

Read full article...

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 11:21:06 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-19 08:57
Saturday, May 18, 2013                                                                               ...

Excerpt:

When the dollar goes, Washington’s power goes, which is why the bullion market is rigged. Protect the power. That is the agenda. Is it another Washington over-reach?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-19 12:38:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-19 12:49

Western Media Focuses on the Dow and S&P500 to Fool the Public About the Economy.

The Dow is only 30 stocks deep.  Its capitalization represents less than 1% of the US economy.  To say that the US economy is better or worse because the Dow is up or down is at best a wild guess.  In fact, the Dow can be hijacked by program traders from big brokerage houses that have as their client, the Fed, and thus can be made to go up or down as the biggest boys dictate.

Eventually, the small investors will be able to influence the Dow, but for now, only the big boys can win, because only they know where the Dow will go, since they can force it to go where no man has gone before.  Call it Dow Trek Part X.

One case in point is the lead up to the North Korean Crisis when the world was in suspension as to what Kim kould do.  He threatened to unleash WWIII no less, even though everybody knows he said that tongue in cheek, since he has never demonstrated the ability to send anything far enough to wreak such havoc.  Nevertheless, the threat was made, and the world was worried.  What did the major market indices do?  THEY WENT STRAIGHT UP!  It did not reflect this undeniable public concern.  Instead, it was made to reflect some degree of blackbox confidence that all will be well.  No longer are the markets reflecting public sentiment, they are now serving as the tools to influence it.

Even the gold market is being manipulated massively with tens of tons of gold being dumped on the market, that reminds you of the Asian Currency Crisis of 1997, when borrowed HK dollars were being dumped on the currency market.  And surprisingly, the public absorbed the shock, and gold regained its value.  Of course, the public's fund is nothing compared with the infinite funds of the monetary authorities, so in the end, the public will lose its shirt on its sound investment in gold, because it does not have the staying power of the monetary authorities, since eventually, some will need their money to repair the roof, buy a car, or pay their bills, then they will have to sell their gold in an artificially depressed market, causing it to drop even further.  In short, the public is now, financially, cornered like cattle without any exit possible.  Their savings are destined for loss of purchasing power if kept as deposits, with near zero interest rates.  It is a very sad and sorry state that the economics professors have the nerve to call a free market.  It is free only to the extent that they are ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 21:13:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.