Angelina Jolie has double mastectomy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-16 15:13:35 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-5-16 04:22
heroic or not she has no choice but to do...and i wish her all the best

Both

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-16 15:14:52 |Display all floors
Jennifer Aniston will be over the moon.
America, land of the ignorant home of the war criminals.
China, land of the fake, home of the delusional.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-5-16 15:29:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-5-16 15:30

If You know all the story - She will have Her breast reconstructed, so for those who are afraid that She will loose it - don't worry.

She made decision based on the presence of gene marker, and information of risk factors (that "mathematically" show 87% of chance to have breast cancer in future). It is questionable if it was necessary, because frequent medical examination can also save life - by performing mastectomy only when some changes are found. Breast cancer found at early stage is not lethal.

However She gave an example to those women who are afraid - that even in case of "classic beauty" (in opinion of many - but not mine) loss (at list functionally) of breast is better than loss of life. Too many people are more concerned of "bad look" to think of mastectomy.

It is also an impulse for some women to take frequent breast examinations - as a reminder, that danger of cancer have to be taken seriously...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-16 17:22:07 |Display all floors
one hot lady.brad pitt made the right move by dumping aniston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-16 19:31:58 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-5-16 15:29
If You know all the story - She will have Her breast reconstructed, so for those who are afraid that ...

Doing medically unneccesary surgeries is also a bad example to give to others.
an 80% risk of breast cancer is a 20% chance that no surgeries at all will be medically necessary.
And every surgery is a risk.
As for restauration, every substitute for body parts is only a substitute, not the same as the original own piece.
it is allien material inside the body.
And it warrants follow up surgeries and replacements.
Less is more, sometimes, in medicine quite often so.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-16 20:05:32 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-5-15 23:13
Both

and i must tell ya most women are braver than men; they enhance their looks just to please us men  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-16 20:17:24 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-5-16 01:01
I think you have it all wrong!

Angelina had her boobs removed for the sake of her children. It was ...

I disagree! It is not brave, it is crazy to surgically remove body parts that are still viable and healthy.
There is also a possibility that you might get run over by a car, would that stop you from going out of your house for the rest of your life? Don't think so. If it does, there is a phobia for it..... Agoraphobia, which means it is not considered a healthy alternative and it is a mental disorder. The same principle applies here.

Ultimately it is her body, so she is free to do whatever she likes with it. You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. All the best to her and I hope this doesn't turn into an unhealthy obsession.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.