Views: 3332|Replies: 5

[Others] World-class universities establish branch campuses in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-14 22:48:06 |Display all floors
Are there any international branch campuses (IBCs) in your city? Do you know anyone who went to those IBCs or are now studying/working there? What do you think of getting a Western degree without physically stepping on their home campus overseas?

IBCs in China are mostly from USA and UK, and the market seems to be growing. Looks like a good thing for internationalisation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 23:55:43 |Display all floors
James Cook University is in Beijing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 11:30:49 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-5-14 23:55
James Cook University is in Beijing

Thanks. James Cook is an Australian University that also has an IBC in Singapore. Australia has been a leader actually for "setting up shops" abroad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 11:39:45 |Display all floors
ifidie Post time: 2013-5-15 11:30
Thanks. James Cook is an Australian University that also has an IBC in Singapore. Australia has be ...

I am a student at James Cook

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 14:29:37 |Display all floors
It appears that they charge Chinese students high prices while offering them only the name, but not the same infrastructure as on their home campus.

I am a student at James Cook

@Pond: Why didn't you go to James Cook University in Australia instead? Are you satisfied with what they offer you in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 14:52:33 |Display all floors
They are supposed to provide the same teaching quality as their home campuses therefore IBC students get same degrees. Infrastructure-wise, I think their Chinese partner institutions are responsible for that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.