Views: 54673|Replies: 196

Who are we at ChinaDaily forum?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-13 22:07:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Smaug at 2013-5-14 03:39

I'm just curious who comprises this forum. It didn't occur to me immediately, but it is all about China, yet we speak mostly English.

I'm guessing it is mostly folks of Chinese descent or other folks who have interest in China for one reason or another.

I'm North American, and met a Chinese woman. I came here to learn more about her land and her culture.

What is YOUR story?

Edited to add 'Chinese National'
Single choice vote, There are a total of 30 people participating in the poll

Poll is over

26.67% (8)
0.00% (0)
6.67% (2)
10.00% (3)
10.00% (3)
0.00% (0)
3.33% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
6.67% (2)
26.67% (8)
10.00% (3)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-13 22:09:23 |Display all floors
I wonder why you rule out Chinese nationals.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 01:29:35 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-5-13 22:09
I wonder why you rule out Chinese nationals.

OK, I added that option.

I didn't include it originally, as I figured they wouldn't bother with an English language forum. You're right though, I shouldn't presume!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 02:20:39 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-5-14 01:29
OK, I added that option.

I didn't include it originally, as I figured they wouldn't bother with a ...

The forumites are from all over the world.

They are Russians,  Americans, Indians, Britons, Australians, Germans, Pakistanis, Greeks, etc. and other who wouldn't like to let people know their nationality. They stay here for different reasons. Some are expats; some have business in China; some are curious about Chinese cultures; some got married with Chinese; some fall in love with Chinese; some are going to visit China; some are overseas Chinese or ethnic Chinese who care about China etc.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-5-14 07:01:32 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-5-14 02:20
The forumites are from all over the world.

They are Russians,  Americans, Indians, Britons, Aust ...

And some are just paid trolls sent to infect/infest any conversation or discussion ............

And this forum is seriously infested  ..............

There is a litmus test and it will follow shortly  ..........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 08:15:18 |Display all floors
Did some say Litmus?  Is this thread base or acid?

{small groan from the peanut gallery}
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-14 08:56:09 |Display all floors
On a more serious tone - this question does crop up from time to time at the China Daily BBS, with various answers over the years (before, during, and after the spy card era).  Truth?  A really good place to do this poll would be in the Chinese Language Forums.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.