Chinese women and money   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-1 07:29:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 07:35:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by truthbetold1 at 2013-5-1 07:36
dostoevskydr Post time: 2013-4-30 16:49
Even in western romantic relationships, couples make similar tacit evaluations of what each person ...

Sorry but in all my past relationships and experience in the west, I've never heard or come across any western woman demand house and take of finances. Generally western woman are more independent. These are simple facts about differences of cultures which do exist, just like men holding women's hand bags, people fighting to pay for the meals, in the west normally the bill is split. Chinese people will tell you the same!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 08:01:41 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 09:49:43 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-4-30 18:59
Funny, because I have never had a Chinese women any more interested in money than anyone else, maybe ...

Well said, zglobal.
To OP: Some Chinese women do that mainly for their children and security since our medical insurance .etc is not that good. It’s Chinese custom for women to take over finance. But they would neither waste a penny nor regard the money as their own. It's family fund.  For the vast majority, they work and share the apartment mortgage, kids’ education expense,housework with their husbands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 10:34:51 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 11:25:56 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-5-1 08:01
Any Chinese women that demands the house and take over of finances is not the kind you should be l ...

To be honest I'm not exaggerating anything, even the Chinese government recognise this and encourage woman to be more independent. I can forward you some articles. As for me, it not worth to psycho analyse me as I created this post as a form a discussion. Living in China for many years and married to a Chinese woman myself I'm not stranger to Chinese culture so I can look at it objectively and talk about both the good and the bad. Yes there are positive Chinese woman out there like my wife we both agree on the points I've made previously. Regarding the left over woman in China I'm also no stranger to this having many Chinese friends in their 30's just waiting to get married but they always complain no one wants them. Maybe you have some friends I can introduce them to?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 11:32:12 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-5-1 10:34
Quite right.

..and I must say that I never met a Chinese women yet that "demanded" anything.

I guess we are both lucky to have great wives :-)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.