Author: sansukong

German Chemist Slams Scaremongering By U.N.’s IPCC [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-3 10:50:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-3 10:22
No, I can't oblige in the matter. My "3%" reference is based on various Sans Souci allegations tha ...
  1. This is populism of the basest, most primitive and most spiteful kind!
Copy code
And a moral issue for an outsider like rat to keep beating the drums.....and for this forum to give him the platform.

And your piece is good enough to be framed up.

Save it.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-4 01:58:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-2 21:22
No, I can't oblige in the matter. My "3%" reference is based on various Sans Souci allegations tha ...

Deriving the 3 percent from the oppositions claims that 97 percent oppose them is acceptable. Thank you. That's all I wanted to know. :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-4 02:00:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-2 21:12
No matter what you will find - with your, I suspect: limited German comprehension - Vahrenholt's v ...

I will certainly look for English articles as well, but my German is usually adequate to read advanced scientific treatises. :-) It's one of my best languages, actually, but I appreciate your concern that I understand the information presented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-4 02:03:32 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-2 19:29
Scientist, you know what is the meaning of expected value?

If the expected damage from an event i ...

You didn't read my entire post...

If you re-read what I wrote, you will see that I stated pretty much what you did: taking action will, at worst, be of no value. The actions being suggested should have no negative impact and may have a strong positive impact.

Also, I was arguing primarily from a scientific basis. It is clear that the "right thing to do" is to take action, but from a strictly scientific standpoint conducting a prospective study would be the scientifically correct course of action.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-5 04:25:31 |Display all floors
Methinks nobody really knows where the planet is heading - hotter or colder - or why.  All are paid propagandists for various interests.  Confucius says, " Everything in excess is not sound."  Too much carbon emission can affect the climate, but not only carbon and not all climate.  Sun activity is a definite factor as everyone can prove that sunlight warms up the day.  But is there a true correlation between sun activity and global warming, and does it explain all the variation?  This is not a matter of opinion, scientific proof is needed for this assertion too.

In short, global warming and cooling have taken place on this planet before, over thousands of years at a time, without human input.  But if everyone is ready to pay a carbon tax or tariff, make sure you all send a check to the PBOC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-5 10:00:26 |Display all floors
Downzebog Post time: 2013-5-5 06:49
No to climate/carbon tax or surcharges!

It's irresponsible to milk the mass WITHOUT any solid rea ...

Bogs and rats.......

Who else wants to be bogs and rats spreading negatives?

Why not be Buddhas spreading positives?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.