Author: sansukong

German Chemist Slams Scaremongering By U.N.’s IPCC [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-2 12:51:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-2 11:05
Should modern society be run by "experts" and "scientists" only?

Or should the experts and scien ...
  1. rude
Copy code
rude. The ultimate rude.

Another of the Rat hero......this you must watch.....

desmogblog.com/node/7044

watch the video from some in the middle of the page.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 12:53:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-2 11:05

1. rude
Copy code
rude. The ultimate rude, Willie Soon

Another of the Rat hero......this you must watch.....

desmogblog.com/node/7044
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 12:53:27 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 21:44:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-1 21:44
In fact, I read the ZZEIT article in its German original and found that the author who interviewed ...

Can you send me a link to the original? I read German, so I'd like to see the original article.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 21:53:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-1 22:05

You talk about a "3% minority". Can you substantiate that number?

I firmly believe that scientists and experts have a duty to serve society. "With great power comes great responsibility", "for the greater good", and all of that.

You and I are arguing completely different points. I am not disagreeing with you that the dissenters tend to be rather impolite about it. I suspect they amount to much more than three percent.

The problem, as I see it, is that the whole issue is so politically polarized that it is nearly impossible to find accurate, unbiased reports. Even the data are being questioned, and given the time frames involved in this type of research we cannot simply repeat the experiment, so to speak. The only way to be absolutely sure would be to conduct a prospective study and observe the changes. Unfortunately, the time frame involved in such a study would be at least ten years (more likely 20), and the scientifically proper way to do it since we have only one Earth and thus cannot do a controlled study is simply not to do anything differently and just observe.

HOWEVER, due to the theories that are being promulgated about the potential negative impact of simply making no changes, this approach is (for good reason if those theories are correct) considered irresponsible, and people are pushing for action to be taken.

Name-calling and mud-slinging are inappropriate in scientific circles (and indeed in any civilized discourse). I am a scientist. I just want reliable answers. I am looking into NASA's reports now, and I know some folks in a different department in NASA who could at least give me an idea about how those folks are viewed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 23:50:03 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-2 21:53
You talk about a "3% minority". Can you substantiate that number?

I firmly believe that scientist ...

Planting a doubt....

That is also the tactic of the tobacco lobbyists many years ago.

Same same people, same same tactic.

They have won in America.......

They rest of the world treats them as what they truly are......con men.

And that is the best summary I can give.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 23:56:43 |Display all floors
Planting a doubt.

That is the tactic used by the tobacco lobbyist many years ago

Same same tactic, same same people

They have won in America

The rest of the world , mainly, treats them as what they truly are, conmen.

That is the best summary I can give.

Outside America.....every decent person talks about green energy, green technology, trying their best.

Inside America, person are still  talking rubbish, still at the starting point, still in doubt.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.