Author: sansukong

German Chemist Slams Scaremongering By U.N.’s IPCC [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-2 02:35:56 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-1 13:13
put it this way.
What debate? there are not experts here to referee. Leave it to the experts in peer reviewed journals.

Normally, that would be the correct approach. The problem in climate science is that even the peer-reviewed journals are politicized. That is what makes it frustrating for people who don't care about the politics and simply want reliable, credible answers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 02:40:44 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-2 02:35
Normally, that would be the correct approach. The problem in climate science is that even the pe ...

Like I say and I repeat.........................if you don't trust mainstream science , there is nothing you can fall back on except rats, crooks, conmen, attack dogs of the Morano kind.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 02:55:06 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-2 02:35
Normally, that would be the correct approach. The problem in climate science is that even the pe ...

sit through this

Free Online course Yale University

the atmosphere, the ocean and environmental change.

oyc.yale.edu/geology-and-geophysics/gg-140

this is 2013 already
the science is pretty matured

the known, the unknowns and the areas of fertile research are pretty clear.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 03:01:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-1 13:40
Like I say and I repeat.........................if you don't trust mainstream science , there is n ...

I see the difference here. Relying on "mainstream" science is the problem in your statement.

Centuries ago, "mainstream" science said that the sun orbited the Earth and dissenters were censured and ridiculed. These days, if anyone claimed that the sun orbited the Earth that person would be laughed out of the room.

Climate science is too political right now, making it nearly impossible to find non-biased research on either side. It seems the everyone involved in publishing research on the topic has a political agenda at stake, and that dilemma makes for bad science. We can't deal with the real scientific issue until we can remove the political obstacles that are preventing proper research and access to accurate data. There's too much profit to be had for either side on this issue and they are fighting to protect profits rather than fighting to make sure proper science is done.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 03:41:36 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-2 03:01
I see the difference here. Relying on "mainstream" science is the problem in your statement.

Cent ...

I leave it to you to do some research and deep thinking to find out for yourself what is mainstream science what is esoteric nonsense.

From the language used it is normally already obvious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 03:43:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 04:02:03 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-1 14:57
sit through this

The atmosphere, the oceans and environmental change

I'll do that. The professor certainly seems well-educated through some very-well-regarded universities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.