Views: 4334|Replies: 10

Britain narrowly escapes winter blackouts [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-21 14:25:41 |Display all floors
Britain narrowly escapes winter blackouts

April 15, 2013         by Craig Rucker,      

For years, many have warned of the energy havoc that could be wrought by global warming hysteria. Now, according to policy expert Dennis Avery of the Center for Global Food Issues, Great Britain barely avoided such chaos this past winter when one million homes narrowly escaped a blackout during Britain’s 5th harsh winter in a row. Ironically, the blackout was avoided only because of an oil-fired power station, which is itself scheduled to be closed before next year. With a whole fleet of Britain’s older coal and oil-fired power plants being phased out under the EU’s anti-CO2 crusade, and wind providing just 7% of Britain electricity after billions in subsidies, it could be a dark time coming in not-so-Jolly Old England.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-21 17:02:18 |Display all floors
If Britain is taking steps to restructure its economy.......good for the jolly good fellows.

It is up to every country to plan and do its best. They must try
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 10:06:11 |Display all floors

RE: Britain narrowly escapes winter blackouts

Study says coal burning to “cool” planet
April 3, 2013         by Craig Rucker

As everyone knows, emissions from the burning of coal are contributing to a warming of the planet, right? Well, that’s been the message of global warming proponents for some time, but it appears this message is starting to change now that there’s been little observable temperature increase in nearly 10 years. Now, according to a recent study, global warming scientists are saying our emissions of sulphates from, you guessed it, coal-fired plants are actually cooling the planet – as these sulphates tend to reflect solar heat back into space. In particular, they point to nations like China, where some 484 GW of coal-fired electricity are now used, as being primarily responsible for this new-found cooling effect. So it appears for these scientists, whether it’s warming or cooling, coal is always somehow to blame.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:45:35 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-4-22 10:06

No study needed to know you are rat.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:46:24 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-4-22 10:06

Why you need to cool planet if Ice age is next year?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 12:57:16 |Display all floors

RE: Britain narrowly escapes winter blackouts

500 years of American coal   October 24, 2012         by CFACT,

Coal has powered America for decades, but is it time to move on? Nicolas Loris at the Heritage Foundation’s Institute for Economic Policy Studies says “no,” and here explains why: “There is enough coal in America to provide cheap, reliable electricity for 500 years at current consumption rates. Yet the Obama Administration is doing all it can to reduce coal’s role by proposing and implementing regulations that will drive up energy costs for American consumers and businesses. Higher operating costs for businesses will be reflected in higher product prices, meaning consumers will take hit after hit. But there will be little to no environmental benefit, since coal power plant emissions are already very clean.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 13:25:29 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-4-22 12:57
500 years of American coal   October 24, 2012         by CFACT,

You not even an American.......

Yet you so uptight over Obama plan to reduce coal consumption?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.