Author: linlinlinlin

CNN: Can China become a melting pot?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-22 08:09:44 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-4-22 04:03
CHINA WAS A MELTING POT FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

PRACTICALLY ALL THE EAST ASIAN NATIONS HAVE MELTED  ...

60 years already lo.

60 years of tight controls and propaganda still cannot solve its problems with Tibet....

"Re-population of natives initiative" for tourists projects aka no 1 child policy for natives.....is hailed as a great success, yet peace is still elusive.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:26:22 |Display all floors
Tibet is a part of China, before and now, and will be always.  What is unresolved is the status of the self-appointed separatist movement leaders, largely unknowns in modern Tibet, who claim their ancestral homeland is their property, even if they were born in Dharamsala, India!  What a joke this is.  Even if you believe in reincarnation, you know that the probability of such a transmigration of souls statistically speaking is much less than the chance of a Chinaman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:41:34 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-4-22 11:26
Tibet is a part of China, before and now, and will be always.  What is unresolved is the status of t ...

Tibetan is a part of China.......

Then, go and make peace with the natives la.

60 years same propaganda does not work.

Isnt it time to change strategy?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:50:27 |Display all floors
>other 55 tribes have already been exterminated to less than 1% via the thousands of years of exterminations. <

Really. If China had behaved like the genocidal Anglo-Saxons, then indeed all the non-Hans would've been exterminated in the thousands of years of Chinese history. The ten million or so Native Americans were effectively reduced to less than a million in a few hundred years - the slight increase after the 20th century was due largely to intermarriage with their oppressors.

There is now no true blooded Tasmanian - a complete success at extermination by the Brits. On the Australian mainland, over 90 percent of the aborigines have been wiped out - like their North American counterparts.

Chinese history is different because we followed the 2, 500-year-old Confucian concept that "within the four seas all men are brothers." That is why in most dynasties we'd minorities at the highest levels of government. Why is it then, that the minorities today are relatively small in number? The answer is: intermarriage. The Han itself cannot be defined as a genetic group: we are Hans simply because about 2,000 years ago, when all the states were united, we shared a culture we liked to keep. That is why we see today Hans that are light-skinned, dark-skinned, short, tall, with all other physical/physiological differences.  Many of my old friends and acquaintances are actually more Mongolian than Han (including a very, very old lady who passed away in the US a decade or so ago), though they sport Han names. My ancestors could be traced to the Han group, yet throughout the thousands of years we also had infusions of Tibetan, Man, Chuang, and Yue blood. The Han "majority" is a very mixed group, but we are VERY proud of belonging to the longest continuous civilization in human history. At the same time, because all of us also share ethnic and cultural affinities with the current existing "minority" tribes, we are also proud of their heritage. Since Liberation, the government has sought to preserve the minority languages and culture, and in one case even invented a script for a tribe that possessed only an oral culture. The greatest measure has been to absolve minorities from the one-child policy - this has an effect of increasing their numbers relative to the Han majority.  Quite unlike the Australian government which, soon after WW2, had taken thousands of aborigine babies from their parents and put them in white families, in order to exterminate their culture and hence ethnic identity (the same thing happened to the Navaho under the Nixon administration).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 11:57:45 |Display all floors
LawrenceD Post time: 2013-4-22 11:50
>other 55 tribes have already been exterminated to less than 1% via the thousands of years of exterm ...

No need to argue.

Facts speak for itself.

Where are all the non Han natives?

Yes.....55 tribes making up 1 %.

We know from historical records of Han Tang that natives numbered far more than 1% in historical times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 14:22:05 |Display all floors
China may be a melt port,but we ourselves should become a melt port to face the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-22 15:59:00 |Display all floors
>No need to argue.<

No need for congenital idiots who did not understand my posting which distinguished the close relationships that led to a mixture of all the peoples in the Chinese empire, unlike the genocides that the Anglo-Saxons are famous for in places like the US and Australia. And so efficient are the Anglos that it took them a mere few centuries to do the job. In the US there were assurances to the natives that if they were to give up their culture, and accept the white man's culture, they would be spared. That was another lie, as the Cherookee found out in their Trail of Tears. Readers are advised to read books like Dee Brown's "Bury my Heart at Broken Knee" and Peter Mathiessen's "In the Spirit of Crazy Horse."

Will talk later of the genocidal wars in THIS century and just after WW2, including the daily killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan and other nations of the world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.