Author: voice_cd

Review a book that changed you   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-20 21:46:05 |Display all floors
Three western books come to mind.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: It really opened up my imagination to this old fantasy world of Middle Earth that he created.

A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens. Tragedy, drama, action. Set in the French Revolution, this kind of terror was actually happening in those days. I think this kind of thing (being reported to the government for having the wrong opinion, then persecuted) also happened in China more recently, I believe. (1966-1976)

The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. A French drama with lots of betrayal, plotting, and suffering. Deservedly a classic.

as for Nonfiction, Eat Right for your Type, a diet book based on one's blood type, has helped me to lose 22 lbs. (10 kg) without too much trouble. Of course, being overweight is more of a problem for westerners who travel everywhere by car than for Chinese, or other city folk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-21 20:56:20 |Display all floors
I don't like those  literary works too!I like more real woks!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-21 21:53:13 |Display all floors
Think and Grow Rich Chinese edition, and I also bought an English original, but my English is still not good enough for it, it is not the point, I think. About this book, I don’t mean to exhibit what success I achieved after reading this book, maybe sometime further. What I want to talk about after reading this book is I should write down what I plan to do, so that I can focus on my goal. Each day it is possible that I deviate from my route, so I need something to draw me back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-23 10:11:20 |Display all floors
a novel <The ordinary world >  author Luyao
after i read the book i don't wanna read others because i always get disppointed about other books.

a historicl prose anthologies <Cultural Perplexity in Agonized Travel> author Yu Qiuyu
You can feel the heavy of Chinese history ,brokenhearted  things and people.
Whenever i want to reda sth i always think of it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-23 10:11:42 |Display all floors
a novel <The ordinary world >  author Luyao
after i read the book i don't wanna read others because i always get disppointed about other books.

a historicl prose anthologies <Cultural Perplexity in Agonized Travel> author Yu Qiuyu
You can feel the heavy of Chinese history ,brokenhearted  things and people.
Whenever i want to reda sth i always think of it.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-5-5 05:55:19 |Display all floors
Davie Crockett....Killed a Bar(bear) when he was only 3
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.