Author: Diggit

How many foreigners here try herbal medicine? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-14 22:09:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-2 04:49:59 |Display all floors
Regarding the herbal medicine, I drink herbal teas once in a while (I like peppermint) but I'm not sure if any of them are considered 'medicinal.'

It might be worth noting that Steve Jobs postponed his doctor's recommended modern medical treatment for his cancer for a year or more to try some natural herbal treatment instead. He wound up dying, even after he got a new liver and the traditional treatment.

Would he have survived if he had followed his doctor's advice and started chemotherapy or radiation therapy instead? I doubt it it. My ex-wife, now finishing her Family Medicine residency, said when she heard he had pancreatic cancer that he will die from it, it is only a question of whether it is in a matter of weeks or months.

I think herbal medicine is best used for lesser illnesses; ones that won't be fatal if left untreated altogether. Herbal (homeopathic) medicine tends to not have side effects like drugs and invasive treatments of modern medicine do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-9 20:46:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-5-9 20:47

As with many treatments there is the "placebo effect". If you believe in something and think it might work, it may well turn out to be beneficial.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 16:52:33 |Display all floors
I'd prefer taking Chinese herbal medicine since it has no side effects
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.