Author: Diggit

Which country would you like to be born? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-17 07:20:59 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-4-17 06:07
I am semi retired now, thanks to the military.  I manage my wife surgery and help the poor with  ...

Time is one thing I do not have, however I have a low boredom threshold so can not just sit with nothing to do

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-17 07:38:52 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-4-17 07:20
Time is one thing I do not have, however I have a low boredom threshold so can not just sit with n ...

I did 21 years in the military, I can never get bored. I am constructing a new business model for my wife, what she wants I cannot say but it is a very original idea, a great risk, we shall see as more detail is added and formulas are rechecked,

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-17 19:20:41 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-4-17 07:38
I did 21 years in the military, I can never get bored. I am constructing a new business model for  ...

My short time in the army was only the TA, great moments of excitement joined up with a lot of nothing to do.

Now I am over worked and underpaid but rarely bored.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 19:46:43 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2013-4-13 04:14
My choice would go to the island nations in the tropic regions.

Why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 19:51:52 |Display all floors
This is a difficult question, because so much of what has happened in my life was a direct result of being born in the USA. In some ways, I wish I could have been born in Wales so I would have had more exposure to the culture that my grandfather left to find a better life in the USA. In some ways, I wish I had been born in China to have had exposure to the language and culture.

But I think that my environment made me who I am today, and while there are things I am trying to change about myself, I know that I would not be the same person I am now if I had been born somewhere else and raised in a different culture.

I think your question is an interesting one, but difficult to answer. I am an identical twin, and I am often asked "What is it like being a twin?". I have no idea how to answer that question because I have never not been a twin. Similarly, I am not sure how to respond to your question because I do not have enough experience living in another country to be able to answer your question.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-17 20:42:02 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-4-17 19:20
My short time in the army was only the TA, great moments of excitement joined up with a lot of not ...

I was the same. Later this year I will give evidence for a Royal Commision into defence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 23:10:01 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-4-17 20:42
I was the same. Later this year I will give evidence for a Royal Commision into defence.

And next year a commision on De Gate?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.