Author: voice_cd

What major troubles have you encountered in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-19 22:33:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-20 08:02:24 |Display all floors
Medical Insurance.

I am returning to China after spending over 20 years in the US. Among many things facing people with foreign passport is getting medical insurance through employment. My US passport is 9 digits, but the Chinese ID system has many more digits, as a result, my info could not be entered into the computer system here. There are a lot of administrative people here in Kunming at all levels, but apparently no body knows how to fix the problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-20 08:16:22 |Display all floors
squat-down toilets.

I grow up in the 70's in China and used to this, but then in the 80's in Shanghai the normal toilet start to appear in public restrooms, so are in all public restrooms in the US since before 1776. This actually take some trust and getting use to since you will be sitting on something many other people sat on before you. I always have the thought that i might contact something bad through out these years. Now I am back in China, the squat-down toilets do look gross to me, but the main problem is that many public restrooms are filthy, like some gas station bathrooms in the US. It is a shame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-20 09:37:45 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-4-19 18:45
How can your health be improved when you rush to complete the job (adopting a potential dangerous s ...

Sitting on the toilet too long may cause hemorrhoids. That's what I mean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-20 15:19:47 |Display all floors
Hha, so happy to got to know so many experience:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-21 02:15:15 |Display all floors
cassday Post time: 2013-4-20 05:37
Sitting on the toilet too long may cause hemorrhoids. That's what I mean.

ha ha ha you are as slippery as a bucketful of eels!!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-21 02:18:08 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-4-19 18:28
...yes...and those floors can be slippery little suckers.....

...If China ever goes to war I  ...

it's probably a relief for the soldiers to be shooting a gun! Unsure they are still allowed real bullets and/or guns however. I had it on not so good authority that they used to shout bang or whatever the Chinese equivalent is
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.