Author: voice_cd

What major troubles have you encountered in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-16 15:15:50 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-4-12 21:17
You know, when I visited China, I had the hardest time just complying with visa requirements. I appl ...

The "squat toilet" can prevent sitting on the toilet too long, it's good for health

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 23:41:28 |Display all floors
@ snappysammy, re. "Don't be sad for Chinese People...rTHEY ARE VERY PROUD SMART PEOPLE.....as for the toilets...it's impossible to catch something bad from the toilet seat....."

Yes, that's the bright side. Do you know I tell my fellow Americans about the squat-down toilets, and everybody thinks it's gross. They just have narrow minds for other cultures, it's a shame!

@ElinaT, re. "A big part of your post was really funny. May be your judgement was clouded by the unpleasantries with the visa officials"

Don't get the wrong idea: my overall impression of Chinese people is great. It is fascinating to see how other parts of the world work, and China is VERY different from the US and Europe.

@cassday, re. "The "squat toilet" can prevent sitting on the toilet too long, it's good for health"

I agree! A good way to keep certain muscle groups flexible! It explains a lot why old Chinese people seem to be in better physical shape (or at least more flexible) than others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 14:44:08 |Display all floors
No trouble at all

Immigration ask me what is inside Xijang locket????

Told them Buddha Ser Li Ji

OK, Pass without opening it to see as it is sealed
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-19 16:51:31 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-4-12 21:17
You know, when I visited China, I had the hardest time just complying with visa requirements. I appl ...

I was here on a series of renewed tourist visas and it took them three years before they suggested I register at the local police station. The following year my wife got a phone call from the local police querying the fact that she had a foreigner registered at her address who's residence permit had expired the previous day. The application was actually being processed and the PSB had laughed at the prospect of anybody arresting me because of the administrative delay when I had applied before the old one had expired. No I didn't get arrested and my wife was informed that she should just show them my passport containing the new residence permit as an when we got it back from the PSB so that they could update their records.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-19 18:45:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-4-19 14:51
cassday Post time: 2013-4-16 11:15
The "squat toilet" can prevent sitting on the toilet too long, it's good for health

How can your health be improved when you rush to complete the job (adopting a potential dangerous stance0 hence not indulging in leisurely completion of the task? A seat, newspaper in hand and whistle away..

Damaged knee due to exertions of splayed legs and bended knees is definitely not health enhancing!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-19 18:47:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-4-19 14:48
Smaug Post time: 2013-4-16 19:41
@ snappysammy, re. "Don't be sad for Chinese People...rTHEY ARE VERY PROUD SMART PEOPLE.....as for t ...

'Yes, that's the bright side. Do you know I tell my fellow Americans about the squat-down toilets, and everybody thinks it's gross. They just have narrow minds for other cultures, it's a shame'!

You can still see these squat down toilets in Paris in a big pub.......right near the Sorbonne
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-19 22:28:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.