Author: zhangjudy

celebrations of Baroness Thatcher's death   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-15 08:00:59 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-4-15 07:38
You twisted my condemnation "Sick!" as supporting your stand.

I cannot, for the decency and noble ...

- yes she was a sicko that's for sure. Now she is a dead sicko - "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" hit number 2 on the charts - after selling 50,000 PLUS copies - in spite of the government trying to prevent the playing of the little song - the support song managed a pathetic 35th spot - seems a heck of a lot of people support the view that Thatcher was a sick creep and the world is a better place now she is gone. BTW - I noticed you did not pay the same respect for the dead Saddam or Usama bin Laden so obviously your respect is tainted by your politics, and the chance to launch a personal attack on another forumite, who unlike the ashes of Thatcher can defend his views ............
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 20:42:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 13:20:13 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-4-15 20:42
@kongque 67#:

Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 18:59:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2013-4-17 19:03
Alex2010 Post time: 2013-4-11 19:14
We have strong unions in Germany.Is our industry ruined? Where does our economy stand compared to  ...

You didn't have the same political structure or a left-wing of poliitics anywhere near as militant in Germany or France as existed in Britain at the time.  

It was impossible to get moderate agreements with hard-liners, the Labour party itself-originally formed as the political wing of the working classes- failed on several occasions.

Its known that one of our emminent union leaders had close connections with the Kremlin and would have liked Britain to become a commie state.

The Germans invested more in manufacturing and their efficiency is well known-they compete internationally on quality not price.

We more or less gave up the ghost with much of manufacturing to globalisation and cheap labour in the far-east and became a service industry nation.  With London as very nearly the biggest financial centre in the world.

Which as you probably know came spectacularly unstuck during the crash in 2007/8.

However i think there will be some rebalancing of the economy now with tighter regulations on the Banking industry and rising labour costs in China-should encourage more home made goods.

The recession in the eurozone isn't helping our export markets much at he moment- the EU accounts for about 40% of our trading.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.