Author: voice_cd

What's your secret to good health?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 03:57:13 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2013-4-14 21:19
Good gene over vitamin pills

yes.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 04:08:26 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-4-14 18:18
My Father is 90.

He still drives his car

does he still get Morning Wood
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 04:11:06 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-15 04:08
does he still get Morning Wood

Not something I will ask him

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 04:19:05 |Display all floors
What's his number....I'd be happy to ask him
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 05:10:10 |Display all floors
Some great tips above, here are a few that I did not see mentioned but may help.

1) Moderation - gradually modify diet keep the things you like just have less of them
   Keep healthy healthy snacks available - drastic changes in diets are hard to sustain.

2) Examine your current diet and reduce excesses in sugar, cream and salt
    This is important for people that eat a lot of processed foods they have too much sugar and salt
    I use to drink 3 to 5 double cream double sugar coffee's a day - I started drinking them black

3) If you have desert leave it for a snack an hour after your dinner and minimum an hour before bed
    Eating sweets with or immediately after the meal can cause food to be stored as energy reserves (fat)

4) Eat smaller meals 4 or 5 times a day rather than one or two big meals.  
     Give the body the energy when it needs it and it will burn off rather than being stored as fat

5) Exercise - 15 minutes a day is better than one workout of 2 hours once a week
        I started 15 minutes three days a week and worked up to 30 minutes per day
        Even when I work out hiking, kayaking or at the gym I still do the 15 minutes on the off days

6) When using a computer or watching TV etc. give your eyes a break and or stretch,
    Once every hour look away from the computer roll your eyes around, flex and tighten your fingers
    Even better walk to the water cooler and take a drink of water before or after the stretch

7) Find an activity you like walking, cycling swimming and fit it into your routine, every step you take in the right direction helps.  Set realistic goals and stick to them and examine periodically to see what the next step you can take is.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-4-15 15:36:42 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-13 07:54
Pork is not a RED MEAT

Hmm, depends on who you ask.................   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 02:32:42 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-4-15 05:10
Some great tips above, here are a few that I did not see mentioned but may help.

1) Moderation - gr ...

The other thing that I do for my health is learning Chinese (Mandarin.)

Learning Chinese is a challenge that forces me to use parts of my brain that are not as frequently used in my daily life.  Studying music and or Art (Of which Chinese Characters is one form) has proven to have definite mental benefits. Under the old saying use it or lose it keeping your mind challenged through learning another language is an excellent way of delaying the onset of age related mental disorders or deterioration.  Not only that but you can increase your mental powers.  I have often heard and believe that mental health is directly connected to physical health. Depression is increasing its hold on the world’s population and is at a high during the winter months; In the North,  February is supposed to be the worst month for depression. Apparently this is caused by the reduction in the amount of vitamin D that our skin absorbs from the sun as we tend to stay indoors in the winter. However it is believed that a 15 minute walk out doors every day will provide the sunlight the body needs (even on cloudy days.)  Therefore the combination of studying a new language coupled with a 15 minute walk outdoors every day can do wonders for both you mental and physical wellbeing.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.