Author: blackielau

The USA needs to make sure Kerry does not win the Presidency. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-29 01:08:22 |Display all floors

re: pre-emption

in the padilla case, i think we can agree that the guy was a loser.  i seriously doubt he could have pulled his stunt off even if we did not know about him.  all i was saying is that instead of trying to find out who he was linked to and glean more information, the justice department pounced at him the first chance they got for political reasons.  

i never meant that we should have let him go his merry way.  

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 03:30:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 03:41:41 |Display all floors

Attention blackie lau, looks like you will get your wish.

Yes.

I just read some other quotes, Kerry is on the way down, already and it is not even the election, by the time Bush rolls out Bin Laden it will be done.

VOTE BUSH !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 04:04:56 |Display all floors

no, not mcarthor ...

mccarthy.  as in senator mccarthy.  the guy whose name is the basis for "mccarthyism."  i think i spelled his name right.  i'm not sure.  

do a google search for "unamerican activities" and you'll see.

yeah, we do have a lot of civil liberties groups ... and they are making a lot of noise, although not necessarily about the patriot act.

i try to be discriminating about anti-terrorism stuff.  i think deporting illegal aliens is a good idea, even though it is harsh on a lot of people.  i even think the patriot act is ok if it wasn't such a big target for political debate and was limited with a time horizon.

but there are other cases where the u.s. government is completely wrong.  such as with that capt. yee guy from guantanemo.  he was falsely accused and held incommunicado for a while, which is something i would expect from another country, not the good ol' u.s. of a!

and i think we are holding a lot of normal afghans in cuba right now that we have no reason to hold any longer.  yeah, some of those guys should never see the light of day, but at least let's let them make their case!  even before a military tribunal would be good enough for me!

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 04:21:38 |Display all floors

enough

Alright, you bleeding hearts.  Back on topic.  Kerry is having some troubles right now, but we're still months away from the election.  As most Americans know (though no one in Wash. likes to admit it), the undecided voters do not pay attention to the presidential race until after the World Series (baseball championship for you non-mei guo ren).  In fact, the presidential race does not even really begin until after Labor Day in September.  40% of Americans vote Republican no matter what and 40% vote Democrat no matter what.  It could be Hitler vs. Roosevelt and they'd each still get their 40% base.  The 20% swing voters will decide the election.  Chinese observers may not know this, but the American population is very politically divided right now - I mean polarized.  It started with Clinton, but it's firmly us against them now.  

Anything can happen.  There could be another terrorist attack here, which could have an effect like that in Spain.  Kerry's campaign could get in more trouble because of his loudmouth wife or a previous extra-marital affair.  Bush could take more blame if things get worse for our economy.  If this happens, China will get a lot of the blame too.  I think the election is Bush's to lose.  He can only lose by screwing up.  Kerry can't win by doing anything better.

The Chinese readers here should see what's going on with the whole Vietnam War debate here.  It's really turning ugly, but it probably doesn't get covered in other conutries, muchless understood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 04:46:19 |Display all floors

VOTE BUSH

Kerry can not win and must not win.

Vietnam, was lost in the mind on America.

It was a War that American could have won, if it had the " HEART " to win it and fight for it, I do not mean the soldiers, I mean America, it lost the will to win, so it lost the Vietnam War.

A War lost in the mind.

The treatment of returned service men from Vietnam was terrible.

Bleeding Heart Liberals turned their backs on their own heroes.

KERRY MUST NOT BE ELECTED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 07:12:02 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.