Author: linlinlinlin

China, one hundred years ago [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-7 11:02:12 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-4-7 10:42
Then you should include the USA, Israel, Australia, UK, Sweden, Egypt and dozens more in the list  ...

I absolutely agree with you about Guantanamo Bay. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

I've read that they keep those people imprisoned because if they were returned to their home countries they would be killed. But I don't care if they would or not that's not America's concern

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-7 11:17:27 |Display all floors
Look past the pictures, into the story of the people, has China really changed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 11:32:31 |Display all floors
I must work.Holiday is as common as work day to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 11:50:23 |Display all floors
I am so scared of physical torture that if I new I was going to be tortured, I would kill myself ahead of time.  

Poor guy.  If he did a crime, a bullet to the back of the head would have been humane, not torture.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-7 11:57:36 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-4-7 11:02
I absolutely agree with you about Guantanamo Bay. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

I've re ...

Agreed. One of the worst offenders in this respect is the Aust government, who are a bunch or hypocrites on both sides of the fence as they left locals who had broken no laws, local or international to rot in Gitmo for years and all they did was lie about why they were there. At least the UK government got back their prisoners and released most as there was a lot of BS slung by the US administration over the reasons to sending people to Gitmo.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-7 12:05:51 |Display all floors
Lingchi_(cropped).jpg

Cropped image of "Lingchi" ( 凌迟 ) or slow slicing in English, also known as death by a thousand cuts. The practice was banned in 1905 this image was cropped from a shot taken in Beijing in 1904 or 1905.

Image source: wikipedia.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 13:56:40 |Display all floors
Gingerol Post time: 2013-4-7 11:50
I am so scared of physical torture that if I new I was going to be tortured, I would kill myself ahe ...

Torture is unique to human beings but only the lowest of the low engage in it. To practice it anywhere diminishes us all as a species.  For this reason countries like Singapore are the lowest of the low

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.