Author: messi30

You've never been in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-16 03:52:45 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-15 21:06
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Bandito. My lady colleague in China is, in my opinion, a ver ...

age is not in issue as there are very good looking 46 years old..however when it comes to beauty, it's cool to call me shallow. Of course we are happy to see loved up couple but the human in me will ensure that I snigger and tut!

I have seen some real odd looking couples on my travels and also in town! But hey, there is someone for everyone
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-16 10:40:07 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-15 23:16
I see what you are trying to do here, and I'm not sure if I should go ahead and list them. I doubt ...

Wow.....If I were you....I would make sure my door is always locked and don't ride the Metro alone...
Just in case you know who read your post..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 20:23:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-16 05:13
Just because you and I are having a fascinating little dialogue about the Teabs, I wanna share som ...

That's frightening. I really don't know what else to say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 20:30:35 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-15 21:40
Wow.....If I were you....I would make sure my door is always locked and don't ride the Metro alone ...

I appreciate your concern, but I am in no danger. I suspect you may be (partly) joking.

I have had similar conversations with my colleagues in China on many occasions. The Internet censorship one is usually explained by the government wanting to restrict access to illegal or harmful material. The Only Child policy is explained as trying to curb population growth, but my colleagues agree that the cultural push for male children has caused problems. I remember seeing billboards all over Hainan island with a picture of a young couple with a little girl and text that read "We love our daughters".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 20:32:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by querist at 2013-4-16 07:33
seneca Post time: 2013-4-16 05:04
I am really amazed by how many U.S. Americans patronisingly categorise Chiense women as "beautiful". ...

I think it's a matter of opinion, Seneca. The thing I find most beautiful about Chinese ladies is their eyes. (Korean ladies often have very beautiful eyes, too.) I don't think it's patronising to consider Chinese ladies beautiful, I think it is simply a matter of personal preference. Some guys like blondes. I'm not one of them.

You bring up some other valid points, and of course the personality is more important. But I'm sure you find your wife attractive, and that is a nice bonus when that wonderful, caring, intelligent, funny, exciting woman just also happens to be pretty.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-16 22:20:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-16 18:04
I am really amazed by how many U.S. Americans patronisingly categorise Chiense women as "beautiful". ...

it's time for you to get a little wife

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-16 22:23:21 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-16 20:30
I appreciate your concern, but I am in no danger. I suspect you may be (partly) joking.

I have ha ...

Look at Egypt. I bet if they coiuld go back...they would censor their internet...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.