Author: messi30

You've never been in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-15 20:30:52 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-4-15 02:26
The day you have the courage to  criticize any negative  situation or event in China that pinch th ...

Oh, there are many things in China with which I do not agree, but I am trying to learn the reasoning behind the decisions before voicing my opinions on them. That and I travel to China at the request of prominent universities in China. As a scientist, I would like to be sure of my information before making any statements.

I am not blind. I simply report what I have seen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 22:14:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messi30 at 2013-4-15 22:16
querist Post time: 2013-4-15 20:30
Oh, there are many things in China with which I do not agree, but I am trying to learn the reasoni ...

What things you don´t agree with China or Chinese government?

Feel free to expose your disagreements with China, for sure you can learn from different members here.

Do you dare?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 23:16:35 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-4-15 09:14
What things you don´t agree with China or Chinese government?

Feel free to expose your disagreem ...

I see what you are trying to do here, and I'm not sure if I should go ahead and list them. I doubt it will cause any major problems for me at this point since I'm pretty well established in academic circles in China.

I think that the Only Child policy needs to be reconsidered. I do not have access to all the data that the government have for making these decisions, but I think that they should re-evaluate the appropriateness of the Only Child policy and how it is enforced.

I also do not fully understand why the censorship of the Internet is so strict. I suspect that the strictness of the censorship is in part due to the people making the decisions not fully understanding the technologies involved (much like people in the US congress making stupid decisions on gun control because they don't understand all of the facts).

I believe China needs to step up regulation and enforcement in certain industries for safety reasons. I know that efforts are underway to that effect, but as I have no access to the information needed to make the decisions, I can but trust that the Government are doing what they should in an appropriate timescale given the circumstances, resources, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 23:40:31 |Display all floors
xuerengui Post time: 2013-4-3 14:29
I have and I have stopped buying food from China ever since the poison baby formula scare.  When Chi ...

The lack of governance is to blame.....

In a place where all public officials are on the make, impossible to enforce public safety laws.......
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 23:41:35 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2013-4-3 14:33
Go back to your own Daily Telegraph forum!

It no good you ignorant gweilos coming here giving us ad ...

You sound embittered due to your experience in the safety of the West... why don't you go back?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-15 23:53:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-4-15 19:54
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-4 16:38
Always travel with a Beautiful Chinese women.....Traveling in China is much easier that way...

Isn't that for everywhere? A foreigner with a handy local girl in China instantly screams........not running from the mill!

Now how many foreigners are savvy and able to pull that off? I don't see lots of those on my travels but I see plenty with 3rd rate girls

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 01:06:15 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-4-15 10:53
Isn't that for everywhere? A foreigner with a handy local girl in China instantly screams........no ...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Bandito. My lady colleague in China is, in my opinion, a very lovely woman. I'm not sure how many others would agree with my assessment since she's 46 years old, but I personally find her quite attractive, and the fact that she's intelligent, kind, and just outright charming certainly helps.

It's all a matter of perspective and personal taste. Sammy is entitled to his opinion, just as you are. If he views the lady with whom he travels as beautiful, all the better for him. We should be happy for him.

(That and China is quite overrun with beautiful ladies, so I don't see why you think it would be that difficult.)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.