Author: ALittleBoat

Our Beloved “First Ladies”   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-24 23:43:31 |Display all floors
butterflyin Post time: 2013-3-24 09:30
She was just a normal singer in China, what she got is from her husband.

You are probably too young to know that she used to be China's No.1 soprano (Chinese traditional style of singing) for over 10 years in the 1980s and 1990s.  She still sings quite well, but seldom appears on stage except in some charity events.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 02:01:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messi30 at 2013-3-25 02:29
Glamorous, beautiful, approachable, vivacious, magnanimous, composed and all are words netizens used to express their affections for the newly political-savvy star. She is admired not only for her enchanted qualities, but also because the fact that a charming, full-fledged first lady has long been expected of the civilized nation.

I think this topic is very derogatory for other ex first ladies and regular women, the ones who are not too graceful phisically.

I have no doubts about the quality of person she is as a singer or first lady but the way the poster praise her is shockingly a shame.

One more time this kind of comments disclose how important is the physical appearance for Chinese people.

I do not know much about Mr. Hu´s wife but nobody posted a similar thread about her, why?

Best wishes for Mrs Peng, hoping she can make some changes in people´s mind and I am not talking about politic  issues.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 03:40:06 |Display all floors
Yeah, I have to say..
I doubt she would be noticed and taken into light like this if it wasn't for that her husband is the president.. or chairman, whatever you like.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-3-25 04:20:32 |Display all floors
Sugarcube Post time: 2013-3-25 03:40
Yeah, I have to say..
I doubt she would be noticed and taken into light like this if it wasn't for t ...

TIC....careful what you say....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 10:56:18 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2013-3-24 23:43
You are probably too young to know that she used to be China's No.1 soprano (Chinese traditional s ...

That is what I am talking about, she is just one of those singers as others, such as Dong wenhua, Li na , Si qin ge ri na, Wei wei etc etc.

She become the first lady is not depend on her personal achivements,but due to her dearest husband. She is lucky. BTW, she is the second wife of Xi .

Not as one famous singer Dong wenhua, she involved with City major in Hainan and got notorious after that due to some corruption events .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 13:41:58 |Display all floors
So many foreign media compare her to Michelle Obama. That really piss me off.  I don't like Peng Liyuan particularly, nor think she is THAT beautiful, but still I think compare her to Mrs. Obama is an insult.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 14:01:30 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2013-3-25 13:41
So many foreign media compare her to Michelle Obama. That really piss me off.  I don't like Peng Liy ...

I agreed with you
but I won´t say is an insult, maybe we need to see how Mrs Peng develops her image and work before to fall in comparisons with other first ladies.
Best wishes for her.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.