Author: Danybrit

Trying to understand my Chinese Girlfriend PartII   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-25 03:36:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-24 23:38

Oh dany boy

A classic case of hustle if there ever was one..How so? Why would someone that in your own words had promised to always look after you throw a hissy fit over $300?

2 things gives me cause for concern since you made it my business:

1) Have you sighted evidence of this independence and level of comfort in China via pictorial evidence as opposed to hearsay?

2) If answer to 1) is NO, then her subsequent behaviour suggests that having sucked you in with the talk of her independent means, she will now have you forever on the back foot if you offer mealy mouthed offer to pay half? How so? Well, you are demeaning her by your offer to pay half as opposed to pay it all.

Cut your losses and jog on. I hate gfs with hand in my pocket! Thankfully, I don't allow situation to become skewed like that.

Lastly, if you thought $300 was peanuts? Why offer a derisory part payment? I suspect that you have not divulged some of your hand with this effort Did you portray yourself as Charlie potatoes whilst wooing her?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 03:57:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-25 00:22
Danybrit Post time: 2013-3-23 22:07
Thanks for all your input. I probably did a poor job of explaining my issue.
huaren2323; actually s ...

Oh Dany..she is in US not North of Beijing. She has to adapt not you, were you in China, then yes. You need to make allowances/compromises but don't, my boy, turn yourself into a footstool. I see the problem now..having had a taste, you are clutching at straw. You are engaged in battle for supremacy without realising it. Back down now and what have you got?

What is wrong with you, man up and confront the situation manfully!

I hate when folks put cultures into it or clash of it. I have had asian gf try to hustle me by suggesting culture! And I have said without remorse.this part of your culture is not to my liking! Now, Ol bandito is not tight but then again not a plum!

I always resent people that inject culture into situations as I see it as an easy way to create confusion and gain the upper hand! We are human, we reason as such. Culture? Go whistle I'd say.....if culture is so important to you why here? In Rome n all that Roman to do's
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 04:03:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-25 00:18
dusty1 Post time: 2013-3-24 09:13
This is not the full story. Talk to her ask questions, probing questions.

the whole thing is fishy.she is fishy! Dude ought to walk but easier said than done....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 04:12:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-25 00:15
seneca Post time: 2013-3-24 09:35
You have only known her for one month and are already making plans for cohabitation (you signally fa ...

But I am not judging you. It just so happens that any Chinese woman I have known would tell me that Westerners lack restraint in that department ...

You don't seem to know her well. Her family? Her upbringing? Her friends? If you have not met her parents or siblings, you don't really know her, full stop.  correct de mundo!

I will call you money from now on if you are not careful! The thing is this, when a person tells you this, and that, you verify! Now with the affluent China, I notice the trend that most Chinese try to suggest that affluence....well, it doesn't matter to me but of you are suggesting it, I am looking it up! What better way than meeting parents, upbringing friends?

Re Westerners haste in proposing....well simple really? My gf made me laugh the other day by asking...why are all these Asian girls with old men i just chuckled away and said what do you think?

If they are not with old men, they are with socially inept guys. I am obsessed with the topic ever since my socially inadequate colleague turned mate got mugged! Prior to that, he was forever n my ear telling me that all I needed was a trip to China and a nice girl from there! Now, he is endlessly sucking on lemon with good reason too.

He said to me, I should have known when I met her but she was sooo beautiful! Therein lies the lacunae.....guys jump in above their fighting weight.....culture plays a small part and then .....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 04:29:08 |Display all floors
truthbetold1 Post time: 2013-3-24 18:32
Doesn't matter if he has the problem or not, whats he is important is he is trying to address the  ...

Indeed however the advice seeker said ...she has been in US for a number of years. surely she is aware of how things are done in US. Now, we don't know how many years but immaterial.

There is a manual for these sort of things....page 101 Culture! Then we all speak in tongues and in the confusion advantage is sought and won. The unwary might even feel guilty.

All this dude has to do is go to his nearest China town, lots of Chinese folks there and seek an opinion. Also watch couples that are buying, eating and the like!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 04:35:00 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-3-24 23:00
She's arguing because she only wants to make sure she gets the part where she only has to spend 300$ ...

Ding, a fairy cake is on its way to you for giving it a name He can pay the rent, circa $2000 a month  or whatever it is over there plus the bills.

PAYG, dude will soon be out of pocket and sanity...what's wrong with guys After 1 month of dating?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 12:19:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.