Author: laoda1

Is the US an Imperialist Nation? Every Kid knows US is!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-5 10:44:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-4 23:03
So your awakening to the McDonald's caloric time bomb has only come via that CCTV programme?

Be ...

I have known for decades about the hazards of a MacDonald's diet but, I must confess, that that program was an eye opener as to just how much damage you can do to yourself in such a short space of time. Small wonder that the Americans are classed as the nation with the highest levels of obesity because the fast-food addiction is just a symptom of their dangerous eating habits.

I only eat at a restaurant once a month and only eat chinese food about once every 3 months under sufference. I think you are more at risk of toxicity than I am. Diluting your meat with water (h2o+??????????) isn't going to save you.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-5 14:41:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-5 13:16
It is funny how many Chinese parents have told me they would never go to a McDonald's but at the s ...

Of course the kids love it because its full of sugar, salt and free promotional toys and are symbolic with children's parties. For most parents the toys dont hold much appeal. However, one has to wonder just how their kids came to love it in MacDonalds and yet the parents swear that they have never been there. Have they no control over their kids or are the parents not telling the whole truth?

I see people out jogging in Chengdu - probably off to MacDonalds. What is interesting is that MacDonalds had to change the product for China by spicing everything up to make it acceptable to the Chinese (perhaps it's a regional rather than a national issue) - I wont eat it now.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.