Author: Diggit

Hi guys, how do you like your Chinese wives?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-21 22:50:23 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-3-21 18:36
i'm still a single bachelor (come and pimp my ride, ladies)

Propose..quick......before others cotton on!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 22:59:14 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-21 06:50
Propose..quick......before others cotton on!

been there done that & not again on the same path knowhat i'm sayin  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 23:15:35 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-3-21 18:59
been there done that & not again on the same path knowhat i'm sayin

I suspect I do
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 23:26:30 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-21 05:56
I haven't got a lot to add to raton's post.
I totally agree with his statement "I found that the Chi ...

So here we are.....Surely you'd expect to be challenged right? if you care to dig further, google the bold bit.

Pathological Narcissism and Grandiose Self Defenses

It is certainly true, in a very broad philosophical sense, that human beings have more in common than not regardless of place of birth. "People are people" so to speak.

However, it is also true that cultural norms do influence upbringing practices and one's childhood experiences most certainly affect personality development. The early childhood experiences of a female child born in southeast Asia (assuming she was fortunate enough not to have been selectively aborted as a fetus, or sold, drowned, or starved to death shortly after birth), on the average, will very likely be significantly different than those born in England or America for example—although, of course, not in every case.

In addition, some people are just constitutionally stronger and emotionally healthier than others and have the remarkable ability to rise above whatever adverse circumstances life has thrown at them. Others—who at least on the surface appear to have been given every golden opportunity life has to offer—just can't manage to get their lives together no matter what.

While it needs to be stressed that not all Chinese women suffer from disorders of the self, the single-child policy combined with pervasive traditional Confucian values and beliefs in regard to the superiority of males has created a culturally-specific and unique vulnerability to the development of pathological narcissism in many of China's female population.

The following list outlines conditions that, if present, would significantly increase the likelihood of the formation of a narcissistic personality disorder and further distinguishes between closet (lower-level) and exhibitionist (higher-level) narcissism.

1.The female child is a grave disappointment at birth, especially to her father. Whether spoken or not, this leads to either an estranged relationship (most common scenario) or one that is, at best, highly ambivalent.
2.As an only child, the daughter is nevertheless pampered and spoiled, especially by her mother and grandparents. If the father is conscious of his disappointment, resentment and subsequent guilt, he too may also overindulge his daughter in an attempt at psychological undoing.
3.This combination of factors leads to a child who feels both constitutionally damaged (i.e., inadequate, inferior at birth) and, at the same time, entitled to special treatment and compensation from the world. One of two types of pathological narcissism will emerge depending on the girl's cognitive and physical attributes:
a.If the girl is very gifted academically and considered physically attractive, she will become a phallic or exhibitionistic narcissistic.
b.If the girl is only an average student (or worse) and considered to be no better than average-looking, she will become a closet narcissist.
c.Where there is a discrepancy between academic ability and physical appearance, or in the case of girls born in rural regions or to poor families, the latter will typically prevail in determining narcissist type.
4.Where the girls were fortunate enough to have escaped developmental arrest and a disorder of the self, many will nevertheless exhibit at least some of the traits listed below. Prognosis and recovery are quite favorable for this group of women, especially with treatment.
The following table summarizes the main characteristics of exhibitionistic and closet narcissists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 00:13:40 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-3-21 09:17
I don’t know about Roberts’s wife, he seems to be happy and revers his wife, but  I came to the  ...

This is the perhaps the first time I have ever agreed with you.

My Chinese wife is a thousand times more agreeable than my ex-(Western) wife ever was.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 00:53:24 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-21 07:15
I suspect I do

i'm just too ol for this game now...no more energy to date just like sit back relax & enjoy the show  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 01:00:02 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-3-21 20:53
i'm just too ol for this game now...no more energy to date just like sit back relax & enjoy the sh ...

and if the Gods are on your side and Candy drops on it? Back in the game.

Enjoy the tale: Me, I like to laugh at short sighted fellas

Case Illustration 3: Candy, the exhibitionistic narcissist.
This case vignette was written by a 30-year old American foreign teacher in China who had a very painful experience with an exhibitionistic narcissist he had met through an Internet dating service. Unfortunately, many Western men are exploited and manipulated for visas to their respective foreign countries every day in China.
I first met 23-year old Candy through an online dating service. I was frankly surprised at how quickly she answered my private message to her. We exchanged Yahoo Messenger IDs and then spent about two hours chatting online. She told me that all she was interested in was meeting a good man who could love her: that’s all. She wasn’t interested in a man’s wealth or his possessions, she wrote. She indicated that she had broken up with her first and only boyfriend about six months ago, another American who was 42 years older than her, and that she was ready to start a new relationship. Aside from all that, she was also probably the prettiest girl I had ever seen in China, so all of this was really hard for me to believe. But I wanted to believe, so I agreed to pay for a ticket for her to fly her up to meet me.

When I met her at the airport, I couldn’t believe my eyes: She was even prettier in person than she was in her photos. Inside the taxi, on the way to back to my apartment, I got the distinct impression that something was wrong, that she was distracted somehow, but I tried not to attend to that—I hoped that maybe I was just imagining it because I was so nervous and excited.
When we finally got to my apartment, she simply dropped the bags she had been carrying right next to the door and broke some bottle containing a liquid that then proceeded to leak all over the floor. She didn’t seem the least bit concerned by it and I was the one who would eventually clean it up the next morning.
After she was settled in, and we were both seated at the dining room table, I asked her to tell me what was really going on. I commented on how I realized a girl like her could get any man she wanted, so why would she be interested in a 30-year old guy like me who hadn’t accumulated much wealth and only had a four-year college education? After starring at and sizing me up for what felt like an eternity, while weighing all her options, she then proceeded to tell me the truth. As it turned out, she had lied about everything. She had not broken up with her 65-year old boyfriend at all. She was with me because they had a big fight after he had refused to marry her again. She admitted that her only interest in me was to get a visa to America. She wanted me to marry her and bring her to the states as soon as possible (she seemed to have no real idea about the length of time it took to get a marriage visa). She even offered me $20,000 USD if I would agree.
It’s hard to describe, but I don’t think I had ever been more heartbroken and disappointed than I was at the particular moment in time. I had never been married before so I was looking for a real wife, not a business deal, and I told her so. I then asked her to book a return flight back to her 65-year old boyfriend the next day. That was my third and last try with a Chinese girl. Although I remained in China for another two years before returning back to the states, I never dated another one again. I wouldn’t dare.
I recently received a message from Candy. Leonard finally agreed to marry her and her big dream came true: She has been living in California for the past five months. She also asked if I would come visit her because she wanted to have sex with a much younger man. When I told her that I wasn’t interested, she replied that she had already found a much younger and richer man to marry her after she gets her Green Card and divorces Leonard.
I actually felt sorry for the poor bastard. He probably has no idea

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.