Author: vincent01

Top China universities scrap English   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-20 11:44:34 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-3-19 19:38
It may evolve but is grammatically incorrect and there was no need for you to correct the other po ...

Grammatically incorrect if you live in the UK. It is perfectly acceptable and almost exclusively used in the USA.
I was pointing out how laughable someone would be for saying 'maths' in the USA.
You might even think of Shakespeare as being grammatically correct but does anyone, even in England, speak like that anymore?
I can correct anyone I feel like. If you don't like it that's your problem.
You seem pretty full of yourself. That's chiefly British too.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:51:07 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-20 11:44
Grammatically incorrect if you live in the UK. It is perfectly acceptable and almost exclusively u ...

Whenever a country chooses stone heads and nationalism over pragmaticism

Who suffers?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:53:31 |Display all floors
Even in the context of an empire

The strongest empire is one that absorbs

Not an empire behind a Wall.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-3-20 11:55:39 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-20 11:44
Grammatically incorrect if you live in the UK. It is perfectly acceptable and almost exclusively u ...

You are the one who has the high ideas, you corrected the language in the first place without the need, as I said math is an abbreviation of a plural word and therefore should be plural.
Shakespeare actually had a bad sense of grammar, try reading some you will see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 12:01:31 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-19 19:51
Whenever a country chooses stone heads and nationalism over pragmaticism

Who suffers?

China is the most pragmatic nation in the world today.
They have defeated imperialist's efforts to subjugate them and lifted more people out of poverty
in the past 60 years than most nations have people.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 12:04:05 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-3-19 19:55
You are the one who has the high ideas, you corrected the language in the first place without the  ...

Since maths is plural I guess this means most British would say something like
"Maths are my best subject"

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-3-20 12:16:11 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-20 12:04
Since maths is plural I guess this means most British would say something like
"Maths are my best  ...

As you know English has many exceptions to the rules and as you know it is Maths is my best subject. Do you say mathematic in the US, I am sure you do not. Again why was in necessary to correct the original poster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.