Views: 5526|Replies: 22

BREAKING ALERT! CHAOS IN CYPRUS ..... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-18 09:43:40 |Display all floors

16 MARCH 2013

People with Cyprus bank accounts will lose up to 10% of their savings as the price of a 10 billion euro (£8.6 billion) rescue package for the cash-strapped country from its European partners and the International Monetary Fund.

The bailout was agreed early on Saturday in a bid to keep the island nation from a bankruptcy that could rekindle the region’s debt crisis.

But in a major departure from established policies, the package also includes a one-off levy on the money held in bank accounts in Cyprus. Analysts have warned that making depositors take a hit threatens to undermine investors’ confidence in other weaker eurozone economies and might possibly lead to bank runs.

In return for the rescue loans Cyprus will trim its deficit, shrink its troubled banking sector, raise taxes and privatise state assets, said the Netherlands’ Jeroen Dijsselbloem, presiding over meetings of the 17-nation eurozone’s finance ministers. “The assistance is warranted to safeguard financial stability in Cyprus and the eurozone as a whole,” he said, speaking after nearly 10 hours of negotiations.

People with less than 100,000 euro (£86,000) in their Cypriot bank accounts will have to pay a one-time tax of 6.75%, those with more will lose 9.9%. The measure is expected to net 5.8 billion euro (£5bn) in additional revenues, Mr Dijsselbloem said, greatly reducing the country’s financing need.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/nervous-cypriots-hit-cash-machines-29134513.html

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-alert-chaos-in-cyprus-thousands-are-withdrawing-their-money-alert-in-the-southern-european-countries/#PSW4Xe9LvKgBwpQf.99

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 10:13:50 |Display all floors
Monday, March 18, 2013UPDATE: Riots Hit Cyprus After Bank Accounts Frozen [size=13.333333015441895px](Click here for full article)[size=13.142857551574707px]

Dees Illustration

Activist Post

[size=13.142857551574707px]ATMs were drained over the weekend in Cyprus after European Union chiefs decided late Friday night to raid private savings accounts to help pay for the country's $13 billion bailout.

[size=13.142857551574707px]Of course it was a holiday weekend and banks are closed on Monday, preventing a panicked bank run. It is now being reported that the Cypriot cabinet has extended the bank holiday until Friday [size=13.142857551574707px]in an effort to calm the growing unrest. Electronic transfers have also been halted in order to prevent capital flight.

[size=13.142857551574707px]Riots are now being reported in Cyprus as citizens are furious at the Troika's decision to rob the citizens to pay for the bad debts of banks.

Similar schemes are already being proposed for Italy and New Zealand,[size=13.142857551574707px] spurring questions about which other nations are in line for a "haircut" . . . perhaps better called "the chopping block."

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:16:11 |Display all floors
And why is rat in panic  mode?

Surely taking money from the rich is better than austerity on the poor.......

When the communists take over, they dont take 10%, they take 100%....... plus your freedom.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:27:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:37:07 |Display all floors
Many parts of Europe are a lot more fcked up than the USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 11:40:52 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-3-20 11:27
When the communists take over, they dont take 10%, they take 100%....... plus your freedom.

PROVE ...

So many communist take over already.
The first 30 years of communist take over.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 12:02:43 |Display all floors

RE: BREAKING ALERT! CHAOS IN CYPRUS .....

Monday, March 18, 2013                                                                                                                                                                                   

UPDATE:  Riots Hit Cyprus After Bank Accounts Frozen (Click here to read full report)

Dees IllustrationActivist Post

ATMs were drained over the weekend in Cyprus after European Union chiefs decided late Friday night to raid private savings accounts to help pay for the country's $13 billion bailout.

Of course it was a holiday weekend and banks are closed on Monday, preventing a panicked bank run. It is now being reported that the Cypriot cabinet has extended the bank holiday until Friday in an effort to calm the growing unrest. Electronic transfers have also been halted in order to prevent capital flight.

Riots are now being reported in Cyprus as citizens are furious at the Troika's decision to rob the citizens to pay for the bad debts of banks.

Similar schemes are already being proposed for Italy and New Zealand, spurring questions about which other nations are in line for a "haircut" . . . perhaps better called "the chopping block."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.