Views: 8501|Replies: 22

Swapping chopsticks for knife and fork?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-14 13:54:39 |Display all floors
A delegate from Jilin according to the Telegraph's report urged Chinese to use more knife and fork instead of disposable chopsticks for the sake of forestry protection.

"It is a battle that has divided East and West for centuries: Are chopsticks superior to the knife and fork? Now the debate may finally be decided, on environmental grounds." wrote by the author with the UK's media.

Do you agree to swap chopsticks for knife and fork in China? And will you choose to use other tableware instead of chopsticks for the sake of environment?
chopsticks1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-14 19:29:28 |Display all floors
Just stop using disposable chopsticks...require restaurants to offer nondisposable chopsticks and all will be okay. No need to stop using chopstick.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-14 20:34:13 |Display all floors
More crappy British Anglo media propaganda!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-15 08:26:43 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2013-3-14 19:29
Just stop using disposable chopsticks...require restaurants to offer nondisposable chopsticks and al ...

exactly...
nothing I have is truely mine...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-15 08:29:03 |Display all floors
Just stop using disposable chopsticks...require restaurants to offer nondisposable chopsticks and al ...

I can't agree more.
get busy living ,or get busy dying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-15 08:38:14 |Display all floors
Haha ,Chinese are so used to using chopsticks. I think everyone can carry his own chopsticks in his bag, in which case both the environment and our health can be protected. Everyone can do it, right?very simple

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-15 10:36:07 |Display all floors

Absolutely.  Chopsticks can be made of any long lasting material:  plastic, stainless steel, aluminum, you name it.  Many materials could be used that can be used for a lifetime.  Seems the author of that article has a very limited knowlege of chopsticks other than what he/she might have seen on TV.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.