Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-21 12:00:02 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-7-21 11:59
only the "lithiumes"

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-7-31 11:16:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-7-31 14:12

Emergency transmiter that... causes the emergency situations.

The fire on board of Ethiopian Dreamliner was caused by the faulty "emergency beacon/transmiter", in the other Dreamliners (Nippon Airlways, United Airlines) some damaged transmiters was found.

FAA wants all the transmiters removed, examined and fixed, however... it is not "required" but only "suggested".
The same fault may happen in the other oeing's constructions (717, 737, 747-400, 767, 777), and in some Airbuses.

So now we have the same batteries (but only in the ceramic insulation, with the cooling system and a "fumes duct"...), and additionally when there are some problems - the emergency beacon may not only fail, but also create some additional problems

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-31 13:58:47 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-7-31 11:16
Emergency transmiter that... causes the emergency situations.

The fire on board of Ethiopian Dreaml ...

Next time I fly to US I will not use this typer plane

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-7-31 14:22:03 |Display all floors
This thread first I put in the "fun" section, because I wanted to make soe fun of this situation... but day after day it is less funny and more serious.

However I wouldn't avoid this planes, because I like the thrill ;)
Flight with the turbulences so intense that the deck crew stops smiling... that sort of things.

Most of the problems in this case are caused by the new construction - for example replacing the traditional hydraulic with the electric (mostly - overheating of the conductors and accumulators).
There were many cases when the electric instalations caused problems in the air, and very few of it was "deadly serious".

I wouldn't advise to "choose the other plane", just to make some jokes with the crew ;)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.