Author: linda_sun

Why are Chinese cruel to animals?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-11 10:10:59 |Display all floors
People are different: some good, some bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 11:10:15 |Display all floors
Excellent! One man kills a squirrel and here we have you condemning ALL the Chinese! How stupid is that? And how about the thousands and thousands of Chinese who REALLY care for animals' wellbeing? Why don't you post the news of those who stop trucks loaded with pets and set them free or send them to care homes?
Those are not Chinese, ha?

I am a member of an animal protection association in China (set by Chinese and run by Chinese) and we have over 500 volunteers who work and work and work for animals' rights. What should I tell them Ms. Linda? That they are not Chinese?

Please, when presenting any news, leave the DRAMA for the soap operas!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-11 11:42:48 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-3-10 19:10
Excellent! One man kills a squirrel and here we have you condemning ALL the Chinese! How stupid is t ...

I see your point. I was about to mention the woman who was killed by a lion here in the USA two days ago.
I was going to pose the question of 'why are the lions in the USA so savage and blood thirsty'.
But I guess there are lions out to kill young women all over the world.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 12:56:11 |Display all floors
wowzers Post time: 2013-3-10 23:29
Nope, linda_sun got it right. Now if the China News story was, In Foreign News today from Singapore ...

things happen everywhere...
why would SYRIAN rebels kidnap 21 unarmed U.N. peacekeepers from the Philippines  near the Golan Heights...
anyhow, wowzers...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 13:49:54 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-3-10 23:28
THEY EAT DOGS......nothing is off limits....

In Germany and France dogs were eaten until very recently...
in Switzerland they still do...

How about the cute little fuzzballs called Nureongi in SOUTH Korea!
Me seen it advertised on signs as specialty, “dog meat” restaurant in Korea...

In Japan dog is eaten as well, I must admit; only averaging five tons a year...
of course, a small percentage of people we're talking about, sama sama in the Middle Kingdom...

President Obama’s best-selling memoir, “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance,” the president recalls being fed dog meat as a young boy in Indonesia with his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.   Twitter -hashtag — #ObamaDogRecipes...

However; perhaps them anti China lads should write about positive happenings as well.
A 600-year-old dog eating festival in Qianxi, China banned it after a massive social media outcry called for its cancellation...
a further shift in government sentiment towards the side of a ban is on its way...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 14:04:57 |Display all floors
at least 2,200 dead pigs in the upper reaches of the Huangpu River

I'm not saying the pigs were cruelly treated by people. Such disposal of dead pigs behaviour is cruet to all others--sanitation workers picking up them. You don't see blood but it's cruel to work like that.

Dead pigs threaten waterway
                       Global Times | 2013-3-11 0:43:01
By Lu Chen in Shanghai

Shanghai authorities are looking for who is responsible for dumping at least 2,200 dead pigs in the upper reaches of the Huangpu River, a source of the city's drinking water, local officials said Sunday.

"The number is expected to rise as there are still six barges that have not returned from collecting carcasses. We have to act quickly to remove them all for fear of causing water pollution," Xu Rong, director of Shanghai Songjiang District Environmental Protection Bureau, told the Global Times.

Xu said the dead pigs were probably dumped in the river in neighboring Zhejiang Province, although the source is not yet known.

On Saturday, the bureau sent a barge from Mishidu Dock in the Songjiang district to the Shuikou River in Pinghu, Zhejiang Province, where it discovered the bodies of many pigs along the Pingshen Waterway, which runs from the city of Pinghu to Shanghai.

According to the ear tags of the dead pigs, they were from farms in Jiaxing and Pinghu in Zhejiang Province, xinmin.com, a Shanghai-based news portal, reported, citing the Shanghai Songjiang District Agricultural Commission.

"Samples of the dead pigs have been sent to the agricultural commission to determine the cause of their deaths. We'll know the results in three days," Xu said.

The local authority sent out six additional barges to search for bodies on Sunday. Twelve boats are now involved in the salvage effort.

Local residents first found dead pigs on Thursday in the Hengliaojing Creek only a few kilometers from a local water treatment plant in an area that is a protected water resource, xinmin.com reported.

"So far, water quality has not been affected, but we have to remove the pigs as quickly as possible and can't let their bodies rot in the water," Xu said.

In order to ensure the water is safe, the bureau started to test it twice a day at the three water intake points in the Songjiang district, according to an announcement posted on the district's official website.

The carcasses will be transported to the animal disposal center in the Fengxian district, said officials.

According to the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law, farmers are required to properly dispose of dead animals. "Farmers have to take the carcasses to their village or community disposal site or properly bury them with disinfectant," Chen Yi, a veterinarian of the Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences, told the Global Times.

When animal die of unexplained causes, farmers should contact a local veterinarian to ensure the cause of death is not a contagious disease. Animals that die from anthrax are not allowed to be buried, Chen said.

pigglobaltimes.jpg
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 14:10:44 |Display all floors
shameless Post time: 2013-3-11 13:49
In Germany and France dogs were eaten until very recently...
in Switzerland they still do...

Shameless: Lets make a deal: you know, we all already know you are a poor clown, but the best way to avoid being ridiculous is just sht your big mouth before writting grotesque lies.

French never eated dog, as far as the history let us testimony. French eat frogs, horse, but no dog. Also, there is a BIG BIG BIG difference of sickness between eating a dog a a food and beating an animal to death just for pleasure. I accept the death of a beef, as I eat beef, but i dont accept the death of even a little squirrel, as I respect our mother nature.

I also respect cantonese who eat the strangest animal, as long as this animal is not endengered and killed with a minimum of respect, and not with sadism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.