Author: sansukong

China to keep genetically-modified soybean imports [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-8 08:37:10 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-3-8 07:09
That is a stupid statement because the Americans can do whatever they want unless there is a law a ...

You saying China has more safety laws on food than America?

Who believe you?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 10:52:56 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-8 08:35
Put it this way......

Not yet.... but these things take a long time prove safe. It is illogical IMO to jump into unknown waters not knowing what dangers lurk beneath the surface.

Would we have accepted lead in fuel if long term tests were done before-hand, and we knew the consequences?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 10:59:43 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-8 08:37
You saying China has more safety laws on food than America?

No I never said that..... all I said is that in the US one can sell "snake-oil" and as long as no-one complains of any harm done then it is fine.

There was a time when they sold radioactive salts as a cure for rheumatism and other ailments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 11:05:44 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-3-8 10:59
No I never said that..... all I said is that in the US one can sell "snake-oil" and as long as no- ...

even if it is snake oil................(and it is not)...............if it is consumed by 300 million Americans with the approval of US FDA, 1.4 billion Chinese also want to consume same.........................that is the power of branding.

America got branding. .....China got tainted milk.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 11:07:41 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-3-8 10:52
Not yet.... but these things take a long time prove safe. It is illogical IMO to jump into unknown ...

DNA?

dont eat rats la...............otherwise you can also become rat yourself...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 20:40:55 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-8 11:05
even if it is snake oil................(and it is not)...............if it is consumed by 300 mill ...

Many of the ingredients in US products are unacceptable to Europeans. I consider the European approach on food safety to be much more prudent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 20:41:19 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-8 11:07
DNA?

dont eat rats la...............otherwise you can also become rat yourself...........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.