Views: 1761|Replies: 5

New Excuse for Lack of Global Warming: ‘Planetary Waves’ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-6 15:38:22 |Display all floors
New Excuse for Lack of Global Warming: ‘Planetary Waves’                                                                                                                                                   

Posted on March 5, 2013             by Steve Milloy

Potsdam Institute’s Stefan Rahmsdorf trashes the concept of mean global temperature since it hasn’t worked for warmists in 17 years.…Climate change caused by greenhouse-gas emissions from fossil-fuel burning does not bring a uniform global warming. In the Arctic, the warming is amplified by the loss of snow and ice. This in turn reduces the temperature difference between the Arctic and, for example, Europe. Yet temperature differences are a main driver of air flow, thereby influencing the planetary waves. Additionally, continents generally warm and cool more readily than the oceans.These two factors are crucial for the mechanism now detected. They result in a changing pattern of the mid-latitude air flow, so that for extended periods the slow waves get trapped. The irregular surface temperature patterns disturb the global air flow. This analysis is based on equations that our team of scientists developed, mathematically describing the wave motions in the extra-tropical atmosphere. The conclusions drawn from the equations were tested using standard daily weather data from the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). During recent periods in which several major weather extremes occurred, the trapping and strong amplification of particular waves – like “wave seven” (which has seven troughs and crests spanning the globe) – was observed. The data show an increase in the occurrence of these specific atmospheric patterns. This analysis helps to explain the increasing number of unprecedented weather extremes. It complements previous research that already showed that climate change strongly increases the number of heat records around the world, but which could not explain why previous records were broken by such stunning margins. The findings should significantly advance the understanding of weather extremes and their relation to man-made climate change…    Read more at the Conversation.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 16:23:38 |Display all floors
So.....what is planetary waves?

Or is it new Harlem shake?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 04:55:15 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-6 15:23

Just where did you learn from, about the "Harlem shake"? Your grandfather taught you that?
Translate .........

只是你从哪学来的“Harlem shake”?
你爷爷教你的吗?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 06:03:26 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-3-6 00:23

almost like the gangnam style in hispanic...push it push it real hard  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 08:18:21 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-3-7 04:55
Just where did you learn from, about the "Harlem shake"? Your grandfather taught you that?
Trans ...

Rats push it too hard.

Rats push too hard

So hard your brain is going to freeze
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 13:53:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-3-8 13:54
seneca Post time: 2013-3-8 13:48
Letter to Stefan Rahmsdorf:

"Lieber Stefan, du boshafter Herr Rahmsdorf,

the rat wants us to do the New Harlem shake  for his masters..............................

I rather stick to China Daily in this issue.....because the consequences are enormous

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.