Views: 2610|Replies: 4

GLOBAL OCEAN TEMPERATURE STANDSTILL CONFIRMED [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-6 13:22:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-3-6 14:17

GLOBAL OCEAN TEMPERATURE STANDSTILL CONFIRMED

Date: 05/03/13

Roy Spencer
The global average sea surface temperature (SST) update for Feb. 2013 is -0.01 deg. C, relativeto the 2003-2006 average.
                                                                                                                    The anomalies are computed relative to only 2003-2006 because those years were relatively free of El Nino and La Nina activity, which if included would cause temperature anomaly artifacts in other years. Thus, these anomalies cannot be directly compared to, say, the Reynolds anomalies which extend back to the early 1980s. Nevertheless, they should be useful for monitoring signs of ocean surface warming, which appears to have stalled since at least the early 2000′s. (For those who also track our lower tropospheric temperature ["LT"] anomalies, these SST anomalies average about 0.19 deg. C cooler over 2003-2006.)The SST retrievals come from Remote Sensing Systems (RSS), and are based upon passive microwave observations of the ocean surface from AMSR-E on NASA’s Aqua satellite, the TRMM satellite Microwave Imager (TMI), and WindSat. While TMI has operated continuously through the time period (but only over the tropics and subtropics), AMSR-E stopped nominal operation in October 2011, after which Remote Sensing Systems patched in SST data from WindSat. The various satellite datasets have been carefully intercalibrated by RSS.Despite the relatively short period of record, I consider this dataset to be the most accurate depiction of SST variability over the last 10+ years due to these instruments’ relative insensitivity to contamination by clouds and aerosols at 6.9 GHz and 10.7 GHz.                                                                                                           

Roy Spencer blog, 4 March 2013

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 14:33:12 |Display all floors
so , now you have drop Pier Corbyn for Roy the rat ?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 14:41:37 |Display all floors
blog..................the gold standard for Rats.................................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 13:56:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-8 13:53
CHINA DAILY 27 February, 2013:

SEA LEVEL KEEPS RISING... man-made global warming will flood 87'000  ...

on this issue I rather stick to China Daily...............because the consequences are enormous.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 15:09:42 |Display all floors

RE: GLOBAL OCEAN TEMPERATURE STANDSTILL CONFIRMED

Antarctic Sea Ice Area Above Normal For 500 Consecutive Days

Read the Full Article

Antarctic Sea Ice is Nearly 1000,000.00 Sq Kms Above Normal! New paper finds more melting causes less melting in Antarctica: 'A new study published in Nature Geoscience attempts to explain the 'paradox' of record high Antarctic sea ice extent, proposing that melting ice creates a shield against warmer ocean layers below. According to the hypothesis, 'build-up of cold melt water may result from a negative feedback effect in which cooler ocean water protects sea ice from melting, which would, in turn, help offset greenhouse warming.' -- Reaction:  'Apparently the physical properties of water differ between the Arctic and Antarctic /sarc'

By Marc Morano - Climate DepotApril 11, 2013 1:38 PM
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.