Views: 3907|Replies: 8

Tax Bicyclists For Exhaling CO2 When They Ride, Says Wash. Rep [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-6 04:07:21 |Display all floors
Monday, March 4, 2013   

Tax Bicyclists For Exhaling CO2 When They Ride, Says Wash. Rep

Activist Post

Taxing the air we breathe may be coming to Washington state.  Yes, the insane taxing of every behavior is rising to a whole new level with the proposed "bike tax" in Washington.

According to lawmakers who proposed the bike tax, it would help raise $1 million over the next decade to be used for road maintenance. The new $25 tax will be applied on every bike sold for over $500 in the state.

One Washington lawmaker is making twisted argument in support of the new fee. Rep. Ed Orcutt wrote in an email to a bike shop that the CO2 that bicyclists exhale while riding is just one of the reasons he supports the bike tax.

"Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride," Orcutt wrote. Therefore, they should pay taxes to help the environment as well as the roads.

Here is his full email:

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 12:29:04 |Display all floors
No need tax bicyclists.....

Make sure tax rats and rat handlers.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 00:23:32 |Display all floors
Yes there are more CO2 emissions from bicycle riding than from cars full of people and that is why bicycles must be taxed more than cars for CO2 emissions even worse if you walk. It also shows how stupid CO2 taxes are. Carbon dioxide tax is a tax on air, or actually life itself, that makes one wonder about how anyone can even come up with such an idea?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 00:45:47 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-3-7 00:23
Yes there are more CO2 emissions from bicycle riding than from cars full of people and that is why b ...

I agree..

Only rats can come up with bicycle tax instead of carbon tax.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 02:49:27 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-3-6 23:23
Yes there are more CO2 emissions from bicycle riding than from cars full of people and that is why b ...
It also shows how stupid CO2 taxes are. Carbon dioxide tax is a tax on air, or actually life itself, that makes one wonder about how anyone can even come up with such an idea?
I just hope that the present Chinese leadership would not be that naive as to follow suit by levying a tax on farmers and those poor migrant construction workers in the cities for breathing out carbon dioxide.
Translate  .........

我只是希望,目前中国领导,
不会是天真的跟风,
对农户征税,和 那些可怜农民,
建筑工人在城市,
呼吸出来的二氧化碳。

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 08:20:54 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-3-7 02:49
I just hope that the present Chinese leadership would not be that naive as to follow suit by levyi ...

Scared of Carbon  tax?

That why you become a rat?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 08:36:47 |Display all floors
They should tax fat people for farting.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.