Author: sansukong

Ice-Free Antarctic, Arctic Predictions in the Toilet   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-10 20:57:59 |Display all floors
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 21:03:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-8 14:03
The Climate Change deniers are now clutching at icicles... be careful, guys, these are slippery, har ...

"This means not an increase in the ice crusts on the arctic side of the globe, but in fact, a shrinking.

This shrinking will also herald huge rises in the sea levels."

The water level is not affected at all if ice in water melts. Water is very special in that case, it takes up more space in solid state than as a liquid. If the floating ice in the arctic waters melt, it doesn't affect the sea level at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 21:08:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-5-10 21:13
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-5-10 21:03
"This means not an increase in the ice crusts on the arctic side of the globe, but in fact, a shri ...

Yes, floating ice melts , no effect on sea level.

But there are mile high glaciers on land......and when  they melt, they affect the sea level. But that is not all, in fact 90% of the sea level rise is caused by warmer water and expansion of water, not additional water from melting.

You should know........scientists also know.

The problem is that rats and you are not interested in science, but only interested in your rat deposits.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 21:17:27 |Display all floors
Got mainstream science don't want to believe or learn....

Gets attracted to rat deposits and skeptics lies.

The problem is not science.

The problem is a deficit in character of rats.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 21:21:14 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-10 20:38
Mainstream science knows well the Earth climate and Earth CO 2 level for the past 4. 5 billion yea ...

Science doesn't know anything about the atmosphere before the moon collided with the earth 1 billion years ago, or something like that. There was no air for a long time after that either. Probably more like Venus for some hundred of millions of years.

I think it's better they concentrate on sulfur-dioxide emissions rather than the carbon-dioxide nonsense. But not because of any warming, rather the acidity that needs to be kept down by installing scrubbers at the coal burning power plants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 21:51:47 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-10 21:08
Yes, floating ice melts , no effect on sea level.

That's right, it doesn't affect the sea level if all floating water melts. Neither does the temperature of liquid water unless it starts boiling and then it evaporates in to the air and the water level actually lowers.

Since more carbon-dioxide makes everything grow better, plants use more water and uses up possible melting water from glaciers. The plants pick up the carbon-dioxide and use the energy from the sun to produce carbon-hydrates and oxygen from the water and the carbon dioxide, trough photosynthesis.

Animals breath the oxygen and burn the carbon-hydrates producing heat and water, the cycle is complete.

Life goes on as natural as always, the ecological system is great. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 22:19:59 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-5-10 21:21
Science doesn't know anything about the atmosphere before the moon collided with the earth 1 billi ...

Moon was created within a hundred million years of earth creation.....asteroid impact on earth....

Geology science is interesting. From snowball earth and back.

When rats start talking about geological times, it is with an intention to deceive., or out of ignorance in your case.
When scientists talk about geological times, they know their stuffs.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.