Author: sansukong

Ice-Free Antarctic, Arctic Predictions in the Toilet   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-10 10:39:30 |Display all floors
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 13:21:07 |Display all floors
Wall Street Journal – Dr. William Happer is Wrong Again
with 5 comments

Letter sent to Wall Street Journal on March 27, 2012 in reply to Dr. William Happer’s op-ed: Global Warming Models Are Wrong Again which should have been titled “Dr. William Happer is Wrong Again”. My LTE has not been published. I am not surprised.

Scientists tell us that heat-trapping carbon emissions are rising, as are global temperatures, sea levels and the risks associated with climate change. But regular readers of the Wall Street Journal’s opinion page are likely to have exactly the opposite impression.

By my count, over more than a two year period starting in late 2008, the Journal published only 4 opinion pieces that supported the overwhelming scientific consensus on climate change, but 39 that questioned it, attacked scientists or otherwise misrepresented scientific findings. Those trends have continued in recent months. Meanwhile, 97 percent of publishing climate scientists agree that human activities are significantly altering our climate. And our own National Academy of Sciences tells us, “Climate change is occurring, is caused largely by human activities, and poses significant risks for—and in many cases is already affecting—a broad range of human and natural systems.”

The latest op-ed attempting to contradict the science is from physicist William Happer who makes the classic mistake of cherry-picking an individual year and counting forward from there to make spurious claims about global temperature trends.

In reality, the past 35 years have all been hotter than average globally, meaning half of all Americans have never even lived during a year with average or below-average temperatures. Four independent scientific agencies confirm the unmistakable warming trend, as did an analysis (the BEST project) from a former climate change skeptic.

The Journal’s readers would benefit from more high-quality information about the science and less spin from ideologues.

Sincerely,

Scott A. Mandia, Professor & Asst. Chair – Physical Sciences
T-202 Smithtown Science Bldg., S.C.C.C.
533 College Rd.
Selden, NY  11784
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 13:23:35 |Display all floors
there is nothing to be gained from the Rat.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 20:12:56 |Display all floors

RE: Ice-Free Antarctic, Arctic Predictions in the Toilet

US Temperatures Have Dropped Almost 3C Over The Past Year

Posted on May 8, 2013 by stevengoddard
The graph below plots the three month trailing mean of US temperatures, from March 2012 to April 2013.

RSS_Monthly_MSU_AMSU_Channel_TLT_Anomalies_Land_and_Ocean_v03_3.txt

If the current trend continues, the US will approach absolute zero by the end of the century. This is appropriate, because we have a bunch of zeroes running the country.
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 20:25:54 |Display all floors

RE: Ice-Free Antarctic, Arctic Predictions in the Toilet

Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-10 08:23
Climate change
The measure of global warming

Excerpt:

There isn't the slightest evidence that more carbon dioxide has caused more extreme weather.

The current levels of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere, approaching 400 parts per million, are low by the standards of geological and plant evolutionary history. Levels were 3,000 ppm, or more, until the Paleogene period (beginning about 65 million years ago).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 20:38:00 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-10 20:25
Excerpt:

Mainstream science knows well the Earth climate and Earth CO 2 level for the past 4. 5 billion years.

Geology sciences is quite advanced.

From volcanic earth to snowball earth and back ,  the level of CO2 and other green house gases is a very important driver.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-10 20:57:26 |Display all floors
earthguide.ucsd.edu/virtualmuseum/climatechange2/07_1.shtml

Carbon Dioxide through Geologic Time

Introduction
Since of the Earth's atmosphere is out-of-balance with the conditions expected from simple chemical equilibrium, it is very hard to say what precisely sets the level of the carbon dioxide content in the air throughout geologic time. While scientists are fairly certain that a 100 million years ago carbon dioxide values were many times higher than now, the exact value is in doubt. In very general terms, long-term reconstructions of atmospheric CO2 levels going back in time show that 500 million years ago atmospheric CO2 was some 20 times higher than present values. It dropped, then rose again some 200 million years ago to 4-5 times present levels--a period that saw the rise of giant fern forests--and then continued a slow decline until recent pre-industrial time.

Problem is not science and knowledge.

Problem is when rats get involved and try to mislead the lay person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.