Author: voice_cd

What’s your 'Chinese dream'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-14 14:42:12 |Display all floors
I am American and my Dream is to be a writer.

I enjoy creative writing and sent President Obama a Proposal on North Korea in Dec 2011. The President replied that “he appreciated my perspective”. I voted for President Obama twice. However, I was somewhat disappointed that my Proposal did not change America’s Policy.

This is basically analogous to the 1990 Proposal we offered the Russians to obtain a peaceful German Reunification. I am somewhat at a loss to understand why we cannot do the same with regard to China and North Korea.

Under my Proposal, the former North Korea would remain a “Buffer” between American Troops and the Chinese border, since there would be NO American troops on the Chinese border and NO American troops AT ALL on the territory of the former North Korea. Hence, the name “The Buffer Proposal”. Why does everyone “assume” that Korean Reunification means “American troops on the Chinese border”? America is not going to invade China! Not when we owe China a Trillion Dollars in Treasury Bonds! In 1990, I don’t think the Russians owned any American Treasury Paper. And East Germany does NOT even border Russia or the former USSR, unlike North Korea which DOES border China!

I posted the Proposal on my LinkedIn Profile (“PRES LTR NORTH KOREA BUFFER PROPOSAL”)
(see: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rdelrosso2001) as an MS Word document.
-Robert Del Rosso

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.