Author: sansukong

Carbon tax hallucinations [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-22 15:33:33 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-2-22 15:00
It's not about ideology it's pure sense and science. No matter what we do, nature will always find ...

Now, if you want to learn science, go to school and start from basics.

Internet from dubious sources is for entertainment, not serious stuffs.

Careful of rats

Lots of rats squeaking.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 17:18:16 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-2-22 15:33
Now, if you want to learn science, go to school and start from basics.

Internet from dubious so ...

Science is very interesting and more people need to get such education.

For example carbon-dioxide CO2 is an odorless invisible gas in all natural temperatures on earth. The smog seen in bigger cities caused by burning coal is not carbon-dioxide it is different particles and other gases that may react with its surrounding.

It is good if furnaces burning coal has scrubbers that removes sulfur-oxides and mercury among some other chemicals, but most important may be the different particles that needs to be filtered away.  

The sulfur from burning coal reacts and become sulfur-acid H2SO4 that causes acid-rain which lowers the ph-level in lakes and rivers and causes fish death among other problems like deforesting. The mercury is being stored in the bodies of all animals including people and causes severe damage sometimes.

But to implement a carbon-tax only stimulate lowering use of coal, and nothing at all to solve the main problem caused by burning coal without scrubbers. That makes a carbon-dioxide tax a health hazard in itself because it cost a lot dealing with a non existing problem while doing nothing about the real pollution.

China that uses huge amounts of coal would be the very hardest hit victim of a carbon-dioxide tax, it would hurt the economy but even worse it would prolong the intoxication of the people and the land if the resources are misused for bringing down consumption rather than the emissions of harmful particles and gases.

Carbon-dioxide is good and not the problem. Focus on the real threats like sulfur, mercury and particles instead. Taxes is the wrong way also, better put up restrictions for all industries with no possibility to buy oneself away from responsibility.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 17:27:30 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-2-22 17:18
Science is very interesting and more people need to get such education.

For example carbon-dioxid ...

At least you write.
That means you use your brain. That also good.
Unlike rats.

I rather you spend next few months researching why so many are concerned........

And stop drinking poison.....bad for health.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 20:13:00 |Display all floors

RE: Carbon tax hallucinations

Excerpt:

They would bring intense pain for no climate or economic gain. Employing Energy Information Administration data, a recent Heritage Foundation study by economists David Kreutzer and Nicolas Loris found that a tax starting at $25-per-ton of CO2 emitted and increasing by 5% per year would cut a family of four’s income by $1,400 annually, raise their utility bills by $500 a year, and increase gasoline fill-ups by up to 50 cents per gallon. That’s $2,000 a year chopped from their budget for food, vacations, home and car payments and repairs, college and retirement savings, dental and medical care, and overall quality of life.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 21:04:53 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-22 20:13
Excerpt:

Scared of taxes, aren't you?

Go to Brunei....Brunei got no taxes.

So scared of taxes you have to deposit rat stuffs here every day?

Now, how much carbon tax will Malayan jungle rat pay or even Chinese pay?   Can you calculate that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 21:06:45 |Display all floors
Excerpt:

So is it scared of taxes or love of science that makes you deposit rat stuffs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 21:18:12 |Display all floors
Excerpt:

You don't think US should raise some taxes to pay down their government debts?

So , you Malayan jungle rat or Mitt Rombley voter?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.