Author: linlinlinlin

What's your favorite newspaper and why? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-19 18:27:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2013-2-19 18:28

China Daily as published in China, but forget the crossword which is an amazing twist on the English institution of the crossword.
I like to compare the stories published with the version of the same story in the BBC online website.
When I am in the UK I read the Metro, partly because it is free and as a proud Yorkshireman I take care of the pennies.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-2-19 21:39:05 |Display all floors
I refuse to read the local fiction that passes for a newspaper.
Online:

China Daily: By far and away the most balanced view of China. (Take the online and printed import edition to Australia).

The Guardian (UK) - Generally honest and not known for pulling it's punches. It's vilified by the right wing though.

The Independent (UK). A Newspaper which commands respect for it's impartiality.

The Sydney Morning Herald/Age: Two of the more balanced Australian papers. read both online.

Yorkshire Post - for all of the news from back home.

Counterpunch.com - left wing but very accurate when it comes to financial analysis and debunking the GOP / Right wing views.

I am apolitical.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-19 21:42:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-19 22:25:13 |Display all floors
Online news portals:

Baidu News
163 News
ifeng News
Zaobao News
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-19 22:55:16 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2013-2-19 22:25
Online news portals:

Baidu News

r u joking? no real, important NEWS there!
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-19 23:35:33 |Display all floors
Depends on my location. If I,m here in China (i am now) i read China Daily and occasionally the SCMP.
When i,m at home the Melbourne Herald Sun and my local newspapers. Usually whatever country i am in i will read a local paper if one is available in English, but CD and the MHS i generally read daily.
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-20 08:29:58 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-2-19 22:55
r u joking? no real, important NEWS there!

what's the definition of your "important NEWS"
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.