Author: expatter

Ho Chi Minh: All Men Equal ... !!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-13 08:32:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-13 11:24:27 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-2-13 08:32
The Brits also assisted the French who were short of manpower after WW2 until they could get the n ...

You have to admire the Vietnamese as without their determination their country might have been the same as Korea. A divided and heavily militarized zone.

There were other elements here too in that both Laos and Cambodia suffered and it is doubtful if they would have changed much without all the interference from the CIA, Russia and China. In fact if Vietnam had been left to go on its way these three countries would have probably become the manufacturing power-base in Asia long before China.

Prior to this the split in Korea was a totally unnecessary thing and was basically again US paranoia and the desire to have a foothold in Asia where they could influence the Asian future. In US democracy a communist is not allowed to have a vote and even President Eisenhower noted that had the (1956) Geneva Accord elections been held in Vietnam, "possibly 80 percent of the population would have voted for Communist Ho Chi Minh". This was the same problem in S. Korea in that first they had to jail and silence communists before they could even hold an election. In fact there were many notable massacres of communists in the south under the ausoices of the US army and there is even pictorial evidence of US officers in attendance at mass graves and shootings. The body count of communists was in the hundreds of thousands.

I believe that when Stalin saw the western ideal of a 'free and fair' election in Korea (1946-47) that he could not see the point of it, as it was the same as a dictatorship in that the outcome was already decided.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 12:02:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Chechen at 2013-2-13 12:03
youknowhat Post time: 2013-2-13 04:52
waited for sooo long today and all i got was one (not sayin lousy) alert from you...YEAH that's bo ...

I'm sorry UnoWhat, I had a really busy day today, I had some hard work to do and it tired me out so bad I could not cause alerts.

If I get finished with my job of cutting and stacking firewood tomorrow, I will get rested up and be back.

Meantime you can pick on Seneca , he is pretty feisty and you can really get him riled up real easy.

Best wishes to you.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-13 17:02:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-13 15:48
Those U.S. American interventions to maintain a modicum of "free choice and democracy" may ver wel ...

And how do you know it would not have been 30 years ago  ........   ???

My point was that if Vietnam was allowed self-determination it may have well beat China as the factory of Asia .........

I wrote that previously I just wish you had read it  ........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 17:14:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-13 16:01
And Mrt Stalin was the impartial judge who could make a righteous decision as to what kind of "d ...

I find very few good guys in history's past  ........

At the end of the war up to a million Germans lost their lives when Poland was shifted Westward to accommodate the Russians when they refused to give up East Poland .........

Up to two million German POWs starved to death in Eisenhower's Europe when they were classed as citizens rather than soldiers which meant they were not entitled to food under the Geneva convention because it does not totally stipulate how citizens should be treated .........

And if you read about the Morgenthau Plan for Germany you would see that neither side were angels as it would have turned Germany into an agrarian economy and about 20 million Germans would have died ..........

Fortunately, the paranoia over Stalin and communism meant a change of plan in the opposite direction to make Germany a strong buffer military state against Russia  ..........

And one must never forget the massacre of a million-ish Germans via carpet bombing to demoralize them ........

If you can find me a hero there then please let me know who it was  ......  ??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 17:37:07 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-13 17:14
I find very few good guys in history's past  ........

At the end of the war up to a million Germa ...

The carpet bombings were in retaliation to the bombing of London and the razing of Coventry, by the Luftwaffe.
As to later carpet bombings....bombing technology, back then was so inaccurate that to take out the appropriate target, the only way to ensure it's destruction was to carpet bomb....mostly, the Allies went after war production centres, all of which had, obviously, civilian populations nearby.

BTW; this post isn't to excuse the bombings of civilians, just pointing out the militry reasoning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 20:16:10 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2013-2-12 20:02
I'm sorry UnoWhat, I had a really busy day today, I had some hard work to do and it tired me out so ...

you're crackin me up here...it's quite alrite you've done a great job so far just curryin it on my friend  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.