Author: expatter

Ho Chi Minh: All Men Equal ... !!   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-15 11:20:33 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-2-15 04:10
you are now demonstrating the 'heights' you can reach as an intellectual dwarf.

It is you who is ...

Oh dear  ........  !

I can almost feel the steam rising at this end  .........   

The thread is about Vietnam and I used Dresden as as exemplification of the willingness of those who bomb indiscriminately and you are welcome to your opinion on that. As I stated this is a controversial issue and there is a plethora of material available on this and it need no have so much time given to it outside of a dedicated 'Dresden' thread.

If the argument is that Germany deserved it then fine ..........

But could one do the same for N. Korea and Vietnam in that civilians were carpet bombed in their millions.

Would you like to point out any US city that was bombed by either N. Korea or Vietnam to justify this indiscriminate loss of life and the millions of tons of bombs used   .......  ??

Or is there a suitable apologist explanation for that too  .......     

Thanks  .........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-15 11:22:42 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-2-15 06:49
I have to say that there is little pity for what the Germans brought upon themselves.
Although the d ...

It was my mistake I made that analogy and soapdodger responded ........

It is his method to nit-pick and pull at anything not central to the topic so that it ends up off tangent  .......         

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-15 20:46:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by laincoubert at 2013-2-15 20:47

ZGlobal has the privilige of associating with the Vietnamese in Vietnam

while the rest of us associate with the VietKieu
Two different views and different Vietnamese
My view is the VietKieu has done alot of damage to Vietnam.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-15 21:10:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-18 13:36:02 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-2-15 21:10
This is the kind of Vietnamese I like in the story below. The guy has guts. Further to this story h ...

April 2012 .........

The battle had cost Mr Ho $66,000 in legal fees, plus the prospect of Greater Dandenong Council’s $80,000 legal bill.

$150,000 already  ...........     

What is wrong with that council  ............     ??   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-18 18:35:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-19 22:50:51 |Display all floors
Certainly the Vietnamese showed their worth against the French and then the Americans  .........

I mean what was the big deal .........  ??

They only wanted to be independent .........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.