Author: sansukong

New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-12 12:01:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-12 11:50

THE HOCKEY SCHTICK

THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2013                                                                                                                                                                           
Single graph demonstrates man-made CO2 is not the driver of global warming[size=10.666666984558105px]

Plot for yourself here a single graph that simultaneously demonstrates the clear observational evidence that
  • temperature drives CO2
  • CO2 does not drive temperature
  • man is not the cause of the rise in CO2 levels
The effect follows the cause; the cause does not follow the effect. Short-term global temperature changes precede CO2 levels by about 1 year as shown by observations, and by 800+ years in ice core data.
Global temperature anomaly shown in green, CO2 levels in red
[size=13.333333015441895px]Related:
New blockbuster paper finds man-made CO2 is not the driver of global warming
Highlights of Humlum et al:

► The overall global temperature change sequence of events appears to be from 1) the ocean surface to 2) the land surface to 3) the lower troposphere.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 11–12 months behind changes in global sea surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging 9.5-10 months behind changes in global air surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 9 months behind changes in global lower troposphere temperature.

► Changes in ocean temperatures appear to explain a substantial part of the observed changes in atmospheric CO2 since January 1980.

► CO2 released from use of fossil fuels have little influence on the observed changes in the amount of atmospheric CO2, and changes in atmospheric CO2 are not tracking changes in human emissions.

Ice core data also shows temperature changes precede CO2 changes by 800+ years.Source

from a related comment at WUWT:

Bart says:
January 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm
“human emissions are accumulating in the atmosphere”
They’re actually not. It’s going to take a long time to seep through the mental block which has accumulated over time, but that was never more than an assumption, for which evidence consistent with it was sought, but falsification was never attempted.
If, however, you actually look at the data, it is clear that temperatures are driving CO2. This plot shows that, since accurate records began, CO2 has evolved to a high degree of fidelity according to the difeq
dCO2/dt = k*(T – To)
where k is a coupling constant, and To is an equilibrium temperature. This is simply a 1st order Taylor series expansion of a continuous transport process for which the rate of change depends on temperature. One such process is the continuous transport of CO2 into downwelling waters and out of the upwelling waters of the thermohaline circulation. With this equation, if you have the starting point and the temperatures in between, you can calculate the CO2 concentration to high accuracy at any time up to the present. You don’t need to know anything about human inputs at all.
The relationship precludes any significant contribution from human emissions. This is because the coupling constant k which matches the variation also precisely matches the trend. Since the rate of human inputs also has a trend, k would have to be reduced to make room for it, but then the variation would not match. The conclusion is necessarily that human inputs are rapidly sequestered, while temperature determines the equilibrium concentration of CO2.

Posted by MS at 9:54 AM [size=10.666666984558105px]

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 12:01:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-2-12 12:02
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-12 11:48
Do your home work before you shoot off your big fat mouth!

Translate ..........

Professor Nahle your father?

What exactly he discovered...? ..in your own words.....and cut off the crap.....

Before you jump in....just remember, this is the year 2013, not 1913...........

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 13:45:35 |Display all floors

RE: New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man

seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 02:49
What fantastic education Professor Nasih Nahle has.... he studied anything and everything from fruit ...

Have you become a self-appointed clown together with your pea-brain side-kick on this forum floor?

Translate  ........

你已经变成一个自封的小丑连同豌豆脑的同伴在此论坛中

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 18:19:15 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-12 13:45
Have you become a self-appointed clown together with your pea-brain side-kick on this forum floor? ...

Tell us about your Professor Nah then......

Two fingers to your Prof and you.......
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 18:35:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-2-12 18:36
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-12 13:45
Have you become a self-appointed clown together with your pea-brain side-kick on this forum floor? ...

So, what makes you think Professor Nah is a real person and not a rat? A robot? Or  maybe some body' s invention?

You know the guy?

You attended  a course on climate change in a reputable university?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 19:31:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 19:15
Dea:r poor Sans Souci,

If you want your adventurous beliefs to stand the trials of truth and anal ...

Statisticians have a proper way of doing charts.....

Rats and rat sponsees have their own way of doing charts.........

That is elementary

Rat and rat sponsee charts are designed for victims

Professor Muller charts are designed for professionals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 19:34:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 19:15
Dea:r poor Sans Souci,

If you want your adventurous beliefs to stand the trials of truth and anal ...

Your concept is a bit too complex for sansukong.

He needs some thing simpler......like manipulated charts......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.