Views: 7244|Replies: 15

New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-11 16:37:40 |Display all floors
CO2 LEVEL PAPERS CHALLENGING AGW

New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man
Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Co2sceptic (Site Admin)

An important new paper published today in Global Biogeochemical Cycles finds that "In contrast to recent claims, trends in the airborne fraction of anthropogenic carbon [dioxide] cannot be detected when accounting for the decadal-scale influence of explosive volcanism and related uncertainties." In other words, after accounting for the large effect of volcanic eruptions, ENSO, and other uncertainties upon natural CO2 sinks, trends in the man-made fraction of atmospheric CO2 "cannot be detected." Thus, despite an exponential increase in man-made CO2 emissions, there is no statistically significant trend in the man-made fraction of CO2 in the atmosphere.

This further suggests that man is not the primary cause of the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, that temperature is responsible for the increase in CO2 levels due to out-gassing. According to the authors, "Our results highlight the importance of considering the role of natural variability in the carbon cycle for interpretation of observations and for data-model intercomparison."

Note man-made emissions are only about 4% of the total CO2 emissions in the atmosphere, and CO2 only represents about 0.04% of the entire atmosphere

Click source to read more and link                                                                                                            

Source Link: hockeyschtick.blogspot.co.uk

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 01:55:32 |Display all floors
No need to hide
No need to be shy about it

The heightened activities by the world's Rats is because of the impending Keystone XL decision that Obama will soon have to make.

Keystone XL is a Litmus Test
Ultimately, as a Reuters article noted,

"The pipeline is also a litmus test for what you think is the most important problem in the early 21st century."

If Keystone XL is approved, it is an indicator that the United States is still not taking climate change remotely as seriously as it needs to.  It would be a step along the wrong path, exploiting as much of the world's conventional and unconventional fossil fuel reserves as possible rather than looking for ways to leave as much as possible in the ground.

The tar sands present an even bigger test of Canada.  If they continue with their efforts to maximize the tar sands extraction, they will cripple any efforts to reduce their own country's greenhouse gas emissions, and also become an enabler for the rest of the world to continue increasing overall emissions.

Continuing to develop Keystone XL and the tar sands in general will keep us on a path towards a future with very dangerous and potentially catastrophic climate change.  It's time for the USA to take a climate leadership role and signal that the world needs to take a different path by rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline project.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 02:00:21 |Display all floors
We have twice previously examined the various environmental (including climate) impacts of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which would transport oil from the Alberta tar sands in Canada to American refineries at the Gulf of Mexico, where it would then be distributed internationally.  Pressure has been ratcheting up for the Obama Administration to both approve and reject the pipeline. 

In support:

52 US Senators (including 9 Democrats)
The Nature editorial board (to which Dave Roberts wrote an excellent rebuttal)
The Washington Post editorial Board
In opposition:

18 of the nation's top climate scientists, with some impressive names (James Hansen, Michael Mann, Richard Somerville, Jason Box, Raymond Pierrehumbert, Ken Caldeira, John Abraham, Michael Oppenheimer, Mauri Pelto, Ralph Keeling, Terry Root, David Archer, Michael MacCracken, Ted Scambos, James McCarthy, George Woodwell, John Harte, and Alan Robock)
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 02:32:46 |Display all floors
The Keystone XL project.

What will it be?

Will it be politics as usual?

Or America take a lead role in combating climate change?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 11:31:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 02:49
What fantastic education Professor Nasih Nahle has.... he studied anything and everything from fruit ...

What fantastic education Professor Nasih Nahle has.... he studied anything and everything from fruit flies to... I don't know what.

How could every professor you disagree with is a fake? What about you...yourself? Are you a fake? Prove that you are genuine... i.e. if ever you are one!

Translate ........
怎麼可能你不同意每個教授是假的嗎?你呢?你是假的嗎?你能證明你不是假的嗎?
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 11:40:45 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-12 11:31
How could every professor you disagree with is a fake? What about you...yourself? Are you a fake? ...

Very simple......

Seneca did a simple Google search......

Simple task for you.....how many peer reviewed papers the guy published?

What in your own words did the guy do....i mean besides taking money from lobbyists?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 11:48:57 |Display all floors

RE: New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man

seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 02:51
Most thunderously important: How can CO2 emissions from 1909 have been made, and for what purpose, w ...
Most thunderously important: How can CO2 emissions from 1909 have been made, and for what purpose,

Do your home work before you shoot off your big fat mouth!

Translate ..........
你拍摄你的大肥口前您做您的入户工作

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.