Author: expatter

China Now No1 Import and Export ...... !   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-11 19:30:06 |Display all floors

RE: China Now No1 Import and Export ...... !

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-2-11 20:40:45 |Display all floors
  1. ‘It is remarkable thatan economy that is only a fraction of the size of the U.S. economy has a largertrading volume,’ Nicholas Lardy, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute forInternational Economics in Washington, told BloombergNews on Sunday
Copy code
A strange comment from this guy. What is a fraction? Isn't a fraction a fragment or a small part? As of Dec. 31st 2012  China's economy (GDP) was 8,3 tr. USD compared to America's 15,32 tr. Still only 54% but growing fast and certainly not a fraction. I wonder how they would label the "fraction" in 2020.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-11 20:55:59 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2013-2-11 20:40
A strange comment from this guy. What is a fraction? Isn't a fraction a fragment or a small part? As ...

Yes ........ !

There are those that use this forum who have similar mathematics jargon  ........   

I also noticed that at the lower part of the article someone ascribes the full retail price of phones into the equation and AFAIK that cannot be the case as these figures are normally set on manufacturing income and not the end retail price. I wonder if someone is also adding a flight of fancy here as well ......   ?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-11 22:19:43 |Display all floors
And of course great news for China  ........   !!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 22:38:02 |Display all floors
Who would have thought that after the Cultural Revolution that China could regain a main position in the world ........

Amazing  ......     {:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 02:37:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-12 12:57
expatter Post time: 2013-2-11 21:38
Who would have thought that after the Cultural Revolution that China could regain a main position in ...

Who would have thought that after the Cultural Revolution that China could regain a main position in the world ........

May be your answer could be found here .......

Excerpt:

"When China rules the world"

It’s a widespread assumption in the West that as countries modernize, they also westernize. This is an illusion…China is not like the west, and it will not become like the west. It will remain, in very fundamental respects, very different.

What gives China it’s sense of being China, comes not from the last hundred years, not from the nation-state period, which is what happened in the West, but from the period, if you like, of the civilization-state. Customs like ancestral worship, of a very distinctive notion of the state, and likewise a very distinctive notion of the family, social relationships like guangxi, Confucian values, and so on, these are all things that come from the period of the civilization-state. Do you know, of the 1.3 billion Chinese, over 90 percent of them think they belong to the same race, the Han…Without the Han, China could never have held together. The Han identity has been the cement which has held this country together.The relationship between the state and society in China is very different from that in the West.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 08:42:51 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-12 02:37
Who would have thought that after the Cultural Revolution that China could regain a main position i ...

One thing for sure.

It has nothing to do with Rats.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.