Author: expatter

Love Shack for 13 Year-Olds … ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-12 10:14:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 03:14
This sounds like a very friendly concept but it raises a bunch of questions.

If girls have their ow ...

I think the sons roam like stray cats at night looking for huts with an available occupant and this is maybe expected by the parents as they are seeking a wife. As we know many Asians see the line of the family above all.  Offspring?  In a brief documentary I saw there was a girl who became pregnant but she did not like the father and eventually another boy took her on bundle and all. Although, there are some it would seem who end up as single mothers and I am not sure if something sinister happens at that stage.

This village is very remote and the only foreigner who seems to have gone there was the media man looking to cover this as a story, and I am not sure if he joined in the late night activities  ........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 10:34:03 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-2-12 00:04
how would you define "genetic quality of Han"?

Neoeugenics.com
Eugenics.net

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-12 19:54:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-12 19:02
This is rtemarkably similar to the matriarchal type of social conventions adopted by the Mosuo of  ...

Sounds like a lot of male Brits where the law keeps the male passive and the female always gets the house  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 17:46:17 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-11 16:54
Do you think this tribe have it right  ...  ?

Give their adolescent children love huts to pick thei ...

The girl in the OP, 17 yr old Nang Chan, got it all wrong. She said; "If I find some special boyfriendand we both love each other, then I'll get intimate with him and have sex in myhut.
'But if I stop loving him and findanother boy that I see more attractive, then I'll stop having sex with myprevious boyfriend.'

That kind of lends itself to promiscuity rather than monogamy. I'm not sure what their culture, on the whole thinks of such a thing.
As is also mentioned, HIV/AIDS could also become more of a problem than it is, not to mention trafficking and pedophiles flocking there.

On the whole, I can't say I agree with this custom but as it isn't mine, best I say no more.

But, if I had a daughter, no way would I build her a "love hut". The only positive would be, for the parents, that at least they know where their child is and whom she is withand, possibly, what they're doing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 17:59:03 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-2-13 17:46
The girl in the OP, 17 yr old Nang Chan, got it all wrong. She said; "If I find some special boyfr ...

a "love hut". The only positive would be, for the parents, that at least they know where their child is and whom she is withand, possibly, what they're doing!

When reading the article initially it is quite a shocking premise especially when earlier age groups are mentioned, but then I said to another that back in history taking a 12 year-old as a bride was due to low mortality rates .....

Stepping back from the article I find it is actually not as shocking as I first thought ......

If one thinks of developed countries in the modern age then it is axiomatic that 15 year-old girls are out in discos and having sex with multiple partners which leads to pregnancy with an unspecified partner and a lifetime of social benefits .........

As you stated: At least the parents know where the girl is and even who with possibly a very limited number of candidates who might visit her  ......     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-14 03:51:46 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-13 17:59
When reading the article initially it is quite a shocking premise especially when earlier age  ...

We can agree on your last 2 paragraphs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-18 14:01:11 |Display all floors
Mind you ........

It does get ones daughter out into the 'market' for a husband and any benefits that might have for the parents  ........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.